Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[story] Cosmic Party

Dr. Clay's laboratory
Asteroid 2462 Nehalennia
14:12 GMT 5 April 2014

Her eyes snapped open. "What happened to me?"

Naoko Sato cleared her throat as she walked into her companion's field of view. "You were used as an experimental test subject. Completely without my knowledge, I assure you."

"Test subject ... for what?"

"One of your underlings decided you were the perfect subject to test the puppet virus on."

"I see. Did it work?"

"Splendidly. I've installed it in the android you built last month and sent her off to Stellvia."

"I built an android last month?"

"We had to wipe all of your memories and restore them from a backup made before you were infected with the virus. You've lost five weeks of memories, Dr. Clay."

Agatha scowled. "I hate when that happens. The underling who decided to use me as a test subject ...?"

Naoko smiled that thin smile she'd learned from La Mariposa. "... is now on Mars. Specifically, he's on three and a half acres outside of Helium."

"Good to know he's still useful. Since I'm missing over a month's worth of memories, do we have any operations active against Scott and his fembots that I need to know about?"

Naoko still thought "fembot" was an odd choice of words for her associate to use, considering she was one of them herself, but knew from experience not to comment on it. "We do, and they've actually advanced the plot against them for us." She showed her associate the previous day's newsfeed...

Storage cavern 37
Wonderland
09:39 GMT 11 May 2014

"Thanks again for the help, Jason."

"Don't thank me, Noah, thank Iris. She's doing most of the work."

"But you could have told her 'no'. And the two of us did the heavy lifting before Iris' telepresence rig was set up here."

"Since you put it that way, you're welcome. I'm curious, though; this is a technical job, not a biological one. Why did you approach Iris and me?"

Noah smiled. "Because Iris has a talent for what I need done here."

After a brief moment, Jason smiled as well.

OOC: Sorry about the delay and the brevity of the update. I've been battling a cold which has left me too tired to write, but even this little bit should be enough to advance the plot and provide some much-needed background. More later...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
[story] Cosmic Party - by robkelk - 09-29-2009, 03:22 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM