Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Ottawa--some assumptions. If invalid, please let me know

Firvulag Wrote:From my experiences while working on my Masters, getting permission to fly anything over the city of Ottawa, especially something experimental is tricky.  However, that being said, there are a lot of students at both Carleton and U of O who would certainly be interested in that sort of thing.  There was/is an undergrad UAV club at Carleton not to mention a couple of big projects that are part of the Mech & Aero department there, for instance.
Carleton also has the advantage of being right beside Dow's Lake - part of the Rideau Canal, but a perfect place to test a sailboard in the late-spring to mid-fall. Who cares if the sailboard is a few feet above the surface?

And there's the occasional boat race up the Canal from Carleton to UofO, somewhat like the more famous Cambridge-Oxford races but much shorter. I can see both schools taking part in 'waved-craft races...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
University of Ottawa--some assumptions. If invalid, please let me know - by New Hampshire Battleship Lover - 08-06-2011, 02:47 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 08-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Oh well... - by New Hampshire Battleship Lover - 08-06-2011, 03:49 AM
[No subject] - by Firvulag - 08-06-2011, 07:15 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 08-06-2011, 03:44 PM