Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would this be stepping on toes?
Would this be stepping on toes?
I was thinking [size=smaller](never a good sign, I know)[/size] ... Now that StellviaCorp has declared independence from all Earth nations, they're going to need some official representation 'Daneside. But the Convention as a whole has the embassies and consulates.

So... copy a page from Taipei, and set up a "Stellvia Corporation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Eco ... ive_Office]Economic and Cultural Representative Office" system, perhaps.

Would anyone in the Convention get upset about what amounts to single-faction embassies? Would Taipei and Beijing get upset that somebody else is using their workaround? (Not that the Convention and Beijing get along already, but there's no point in making an enemy even angrier with you - especially when he's bigger than you are.)

In-universe, Noah would sound out a few folks he really trusts - Yayoi, A.C., Mal, Serenity I, Jeph, maybe Katz - before even mentioning the possibility of this on SMOF-ML. (Unless, of course, somebody esle had already done something similar.) Out-of-universe, all I can do is ask here for opinions...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
Would this be stepping on toes? - by robkelk - 08-20-2011, 03:29 AM
[No subject] - by Proginoskes - 08-20-2011, 04:47 AM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 08-20-2011, 05:10 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 08-20-2011, 08:45 AM
[No subject] - by LynnInDenver - 08-20-2011, 07:05 PM