Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC]Legacy Project Characters
[RFC]Legacy Project Characters
Ah, Legacy Project. How many times have I started this post, been distracted, and then failed to do anything with you?
Four. Let's hope for lucky number five. All dates are as near to accurate and logical as I can force them to be, assuming the 'present' is  october of 2014. Any incomplete data you see will be eventually rectified as I find the time/motivation to do so.
Sherry Reynard
The Fox-wife
Birthdate: 9 April 1990
In august of 2008, Sherry met Benjamin Ganders at a party. Unfortunately, someone spiked the punch at that particular party. You can guess where things went from there. The next morning they both went their different ways, both feeling very awkward and guilty. Sherry, for being the slightly more aggresive one the night before and turning down Ben's incredibly awkward marriage propasal, and Ben for making the incredibly awkward marriage proposal. The next week, she left for the moon while he went to Air Force BMT. 
In september, she 'waved herself into a fox-girl and spent the following week discovering just how awkward it is to put on a space suit when you have a cute and bushy tail. This annoyance was soon superceeded by a bizarre mix of panic, disbelief, and shock at the discovery that she was pregnant. Talking to Benjamin resulted in another marriage proposal, filled with more awkward pauses and stuttering than the last. This too, was shot down.  To her surprise however, he managed to demand an answer as to why she said no.
"Well, it's pretty simple in my mind. Marriage is about love. I don't love you, and you don't love me."
After a surprisingly expensive silence (Interplanetary phone rates are not cheap), he asked if Sherry was going to keep their child. The cost of the next stretch of silence, 'ah's, and 'um's could be used to purchase a sandwich. Over the course of the call, they somehow managed to figure out the following:
Yes, they would be keeping 'her'. Sherry would stay in space, and Benjamin would continue to serve out the rest of his six year his term in the armed forces. However, he would be paying child support (at his insistence, not hers). He was also allowed to start courting her, and they would try to talk at least once a week.
Sherry wasn't pretty sure their 'courtship' wouldn't work out, given the difficulty of long-distance relationships, but figured that he deserved an honest shot. To her surprise, they hit off fairly well, once they managed to actually talk to one another instead of stare awkwardly at each other through webcams. Time passed, and on May  14th, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Mei Reynard-Ganders was born at Castle Magellan General Hospital. Weighing in at seventeen ounces, and ten and one half inches long, with a tiny stub of a tail and fuzzy ears, she was absolutely adorable. Benjamin couldn't make it there physically, but he did get leave to Australia, where he met with one of Sherry's friends, a cyborg named Hex. Hex set up a live interwave connection that allowed him to 'be' there for the birth.
A year later, Sherry came to Australia with their daughter to meet with Benjamin physically for Mei's first birthday. It was intended to be a somewhat private occasion. Unfortunately, Ben's parents found out about it, and decided to make it into a 'family' event. An invasion force consisting of his brother, sister,  fourteen cousins,  five aunts, four uncles, and mother and father ended up taking over most of the hotel under the command of his grandparents, and throwing a great big bash for the occasion.
The non-presence of Sherry's own parents is very carefully not ever brought up.
Mei is pronounced no less than five different kinds of adorable by the various member of the Ganders clan, and both Benjamin and Sherry are needled about the date of the wedding. Both say they aren't getting married yet. The addendum of 'yet' honestly surprised Sherry herself in a pleasant way.
Over the next few years, meeting in Australia for Mei's birthday became a family tradition. Each time, at least two or three members of Benjamin's family would come down to share in the festivities, and politely needle them about getting married.  Each time, the 'yet' gained a little bit more emphasis.
Eventually, six years passed. Benjamin completed his term, and on September fifteenth of 2014 came up to Crystal Tokyo to see his daughter and to present his third marriage proposal. 
On September the twenty-first, Sherry Reynard was killed in the line of duty.
Author's Notes: Yeah, this is a work in progress. There's some things that I couldn't find a place to fit in here, but they should get squeezed in later. When I'm more awake. I'm going to hit the major stuff that I missed quick, though. Sherry was a Sammie, one of the first really. She mostly did administrative duties during the Boskone war, so she could look after Mei. And boy, this is embarassing to admit, but I don't actually have a plan for Sherry's death. Well, it was planned, but I never really figured out what it was going to be. Ideas?
Also, I feel very bad for designing a character for the sole purpose of killing them off. And I have no idea if that height and weight is realistic for a newborn, I just made the numbers up.
Benjamin Ganders
The Single Parent
Content Coming Soon.
Mei Reynard-Ganders
The Fox Kid
Content Coming Soon.
Sissel
The Cat

Content Coming Soon.
Alexandria Hendricks AKA Hex
The Witch

Content Coming Soon.

General Author's Notes: I'm almost wondering if this whole project is too dark. It's centered a not quite widowed single dad trying to raise his daughter, with the help of his family and not-quite wife's friends. In space. Of course, the reason I call it the Legacy 'Project' is because I'm planning on (eventually) writing pieces centered around them during a bunch of different times. Some happier ones (like Mei's birthdays) some sadder ones (Sherry's funeral), and even a funny one or two (what's the male to female ratio on Crystal Tokyo?). The point is, the Legacy Project is basically a group of characters I designed to interact mostly with one another. That way, I could do interactions without constantly stepping on people toes.
But, I'm wondering if perhaps I'm over-doing it on some aspects. Tackling issues like being a single parent, the death of a loved one, the reasons one would biomod themselves, and body issues may be a bit beyond me, or inappropriate for Fenspace. Well, the biomod thing might fit right in actually. I've got two very different scene ideas for that, one for Sherry and one for Benjamin.
Anyway, feedback would be appreciated. Imma go pass out now. More content will be added as soon as I get the time to sit down and pound it out.

Messages In This Thread
[RFC]Legacy Project Characters - by shaderic - 05-31-2012, 04:21 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 05-31-2012, 04:44 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 05-31-2012, 07:42 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
[No subject] - by Warringer - 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Rakhasa - 05-31-2012, 11:13 PM
[No subject] - by shaderic - 06-02-2012, 07:12 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 06-02-2012, 09:13 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-02-2012, 10:31 PM