Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Story][Season 0] Bootstrap 2

META "Bootstrap 2"

I wasn't sure about posting this. However, it forms the basis of most everything else Brains does later, even though it is basically introspection, and action-free (bar building stuff). This is also the final story in Chapter 1, which means I've posted all the 'getting started' bits of this character.

Abuse of handwavium: ignoring the wheelchair to personal spaceship, which is basically an accident (and he doesn't fully trust it) the main possible abuse here is the use of handwavium to transmute mylar sheet into ultra-dense fictional materials with specific properties. No actual matter is created, either from energy or just nowhere, in this process, but a lot of papier mache (made from old newspapers, water and handwavium) is used in the first vehicle, and in the second a lot of clay (extracted from a clay pit by handwavium). For each different material a specific strain of handwavium paint was developed.  And Brains doesn't plan on passing these out, without some really good reasons.

There is also the really weird device the "observation detector", which is based on the (possibly mythical) idea that people can feel if they are being stared at - the making someone touch the back of their neck by staring at it, or make them turn and look around, bit. The 'hairs on the back of your neck' effect. This gadgets just gives a yes/no as to whether you're being observed.

Am I pushing my luck here?
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Messages In This Thread
[Story][Season 0] Bootstrap 2 - by Ace Dreamer - 06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
[No subject] - by Warringer - 06-10-2012, 01:08 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 06-10-2012, 01:14 AM
[No subject] - by Ace Dreamer - 06-10-2012, 01:18 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-10-2012, 02:10 AM