Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] Who's responsible for ...?
[META] Who's responsible for ...?
Since it came up in the X-Wing thread...

There seems to be some discontent that some of the factions and places aren't detailed as much as people might want them to be. There are two reasons for this: first, to allow room for writers to expand the setting; and second, because nobody (including the people displaying discontent - and that includes me) have come up with anything.

Do we want particular people to be responsible for shared elements of the setting, coming up with suggestions for the entire Collective to discuss? In the case of the Senshi, that's worked reasonably well with Cobalt and myself at the helm. In the case of the Browncoats, it wasn't necessary - we (mostly Mal) just tossed things into the pot until we got to the current level of detail.

If we do want people to be responsible for detailing factions and places, how do we figure out who gets the jobs? And what happens when people drift away from Fenspace? And how much detail should we expect one person to come up with, especially for something that isn't that person's particular corner of Fenspace? And how long do we want to give people to do this work, remembering that this is supposed to be a hobby? (How long has that list of stub pages been on my talk page, again? How long has it been since the last chapter of LoGG?)

If people like this idea anyway, I can put together a chart and post it somewhere on the FenWiki, then let folks "sign up" for the sections they want to address... but I'm not going to waste the effort if nobody else thinks this is a good idea.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
[META] Who's responsible for ...? - by robkelk - 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 11-28-2012, 02:53 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 11-28-2012, 03:41 AM
[No subject] - by Rakhasa - 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM