Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensor Tech
Sensor Tech
robkelk Wrote:A handheld scanner? Not very much, I'd say. But there are more powerful scanners in the labs.

That gives me a few thoughts about sensors, which I'll post in their own thread so as not to derail this one.

And here's that thread, spun off from "[Story][Season 2] Interview." This is more "add to existing wisdom" than "create new wisdom"... and kibitzing is encouraged.

Season 2:

Considering Fenspace has been a recognizable entity for a decade by this point, and considering that (most of) the Mads tend to share their work, I would suspect most base scanner technology is uniform across space. However, scanners/sensors built by particular factions, companies, or other organizations will have different specializations.

Thus, everybody who does astronomical or astrophysical research wants FedFen or Artemis sensors, while biophysicists prefer scanners made by the Supers, and targeting sensors built by the Warsies are second to none.

Being a business operating in space with a former chief engineer who specializes in explosives work, StellviaCorp has some very, very good high-energy and hull-integrity sensors.

Reverse-engineering of scanners discovered in some Boskonian bases, including Boskone Prime, indicate that somebodyThe usual suspects are Asmodeus Grey and Agatha Clay, but they're the usual suspects for all Bosko-Mad tech. is interested in looking for particular genotypes. "Why" is still a matter of debate - it doesn't seem to affect the results of the various Catgirling Machines.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
Sensor Tech - by robkelk - 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
[No subject] - by DeputyJones - 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 05-10-2013, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Dakota - 05-10-2013, 06:30 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-11-2013, 12:14 AM