Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Character concept, Galatea. Sparring Android.

It strongly depends on what sort of person you (or AC) thinks Jet is.... historically, I've always written with the intention that Jet doesn't wave 'hardware' with AI's, Jet doesn't create people for a specific purpose. Some writers/characters seem to do that - stick a shipmind in it and so be it. Anika comes on the other side of the line (And was a response to that particular attitude) - her builder (Flint) specifically built her to be both mass-producable, and to act as the sapiency driver for a modular weapon system. He spent time behind tektite glass for that. Given Anika's experiences/origin, and Mackie's general unhappiness as the Knightwing, it wouldn't really fit for Jet to do it straight up.

I'm not sure Jet would be skilled enough to pull it straight off either. It's outside her core competency.

There might be an interesting story in starting with a drone built out of a hardsuit shell with some internal structure, and a VI programmed with some martial arts abilities..... and nudging it up the ladder step-by-step trying to make it better each and more 'imaginative' as an opponent rather than being just a flat algorithm-repeating drone, until it starts dithering on the 'Is she, isn't it?' line, and Jet nudges her over the line for good, thinking it'd cruel to intentionally leave a potential sapient with such a limited mind. That's probably the facts of what happened.

That's what'd appear in any 'published' or unpublished log (If any were kept), and might even be what Jet tells herself.

But there's also the line between what Jet consciously intended, and what Jet really wanted. Wave has a habit of picking up on things....

As for Galatea..... I haven't got much on her beyond what she is, and that she most definitely isn't a 'combatant'. What she wants to be or do with her life, I haven't decided. I really had little on her beyond a mental image of what she looked like and where she came from and what she was.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by DeputyJones - 07-10-2015, 02:46 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 07-10-2015, 03:42 AM
[No subject] - by DeputyJones - 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 07-10-2015, 10:19 PM
[No subject] - by Cobalt Greywalker - 07-10-2015, 11:15 PM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 07-11-2015, 12:41 AM
[No subject] - by Cobalt Greywalker - 07-11-2015, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 07-11-2015, 07:05 PM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 07-13-2015, 01:25 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 07-15-2015, 12:54 AM