Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emerald Blast's build (aka I dunno, I just slotted stuff)

Playstyle with Rhea is very definitely the combat medic mentality -- she'll happily zot stuff all day long, but as soon as someone starts to get nailed
she's on it like *that*. The heals are priority one; survivability two; damage output third. She's not a blaster and she knows it. Smile

I have to admit to being surprised at hearing you say lose Absorb Pain, considering how many times it's saved Pooky and Mag (and Emet, and Terrence...
Gamma... Cyberman... Net... the entire cast of the Muppets...)

Absorb Pain is my UberHeal. I haven't slotted it, granted, but that's because it doesn't NEED slotting, IMO; it's my ace in the hole as far as
heals go, not the everyday steady worker. It recharges pretty fast as-is, and with the global heal bonuses and Power Build Up I can crank out a 2000+ HP heal
like *that* -- which is often necessary, 'specially in STF/ITF/LGTF, to pull a tank (or anyone, really) back from faceplant. Even without Power BU I can
spit out a 1000+ HP heal.

Sure, it nails Rhea as well, but for a piddly 100 or so HP. Well worth it IMO. So I'm gonna ignore that bit of advice, unless you've got some
convincing arguments otherwise. Smile

As for the rest...

Okay, so, Devastation (incl. the chance for hold, I assume? I *likes* that proc, I does) in Neutrino Bolt and X-Ray Beam? Hmm.... sounds tasty. And Deva is
cheep, too. Considering how Rhea spams bolts and beams... *does math* I should see something like 3-4x as many holds pop. Damn, why didn't I think of that?

And on keeping Manuevers: is it really all that? I haven't noticed much from it, but that could just as well be the Kismet set. Which, I should point out,
was what I used back when Rhea was poor and couldn't afford LotG. I think I meant to fix it at some point and never did...

And as far as the lack of Health, Stamina, Swift? Yeah. Firstwise, I didn't realize those were useful at all when originally playing Rhea, and by the time
I was enlightened... she didn't *need* them. At all, really. Rec and Regen Auras both cycle fast enough that she's pretty near always buffed, and at
that point what really matters is one-shots... which will drop her no matter how fast her health regens, so the point is moot. Smile ("Oh hai Lord Recluse
AHHGAHHD!" *splat*)

The lack of Swift might hurt re: Hover, but really, I just want Hover for the additional defense it provides, and so I'm not wasting a power slot on Air
Superiority... which she hasn't used since, like, level 10. She'll Sprint like everyone else getting from fight to fight. Smile

Conserve Power is in there just to cover those (rare) instances when Rec Aura is still recharging and Rhea's been pumping out enough rads to drop her End.
The heals cost practically nothing, but those attack powers like to suck it. (Let's not go into the buffs, 'cause, damn). Rech it is.

Hmm... she's got most of what's needed already, but I'll need some more $$$ in the bank to go after those purples you mention, plus the LotG. I
think she's got enough to cover the Devastation sets and the heal set singles (Numinas, Miracle, etc -- everything except the uniques on those is pretty
cheap).

Cool. Thanks, Wire, I'll be making some changes probably next time I log on. Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 10-21-2008, 08:33 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 10-21-2008, 08:51 PM