Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?)
Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?)
(This is responding to Kokuten's post in the "Pope-a-Dope" thread at (4/29/07 2:23 am). I thought it really was better to move this out of there, since it really doesn't relate to the original topic very much...)
Quote:
Interviews with rapists, interviews with rape victims. There is a whole 'rape culture' in America, and while there's a lot of knee-jerk bullshit in it, you spend enough time and effort learning, and it becomes clear. "Rape isn't about sex, it's about power" is a cliche, but it's a true one. No, I'm not saying that there are no exceptions, but it's as true as most any generalization I've run across.
Okay, this works for me. My main problem is that the first time I ran into it was in a high school class taught by someone who, as I recall, refused to even *consider* the idea of it ever not being true.
Quote:
The "Rape Fantasy" is a completely different animal, and can be both an incredibly erotic experience, and an emotional high of very high grade, but the setup for doing it right requires a level of trust and communication that is abnormal in its strength and integrity. The roots of it, though, are in power and responsibility and sex, not just sex..
Hmmm. I think first I'd better clarify what I originally said. The "really disturbing stuff to think that sometimes, maybe it actually is about sex" is more related to fantasies about committing rape. The "really freaks me out" is more relating to fantasies about being raped. I assume you're talking about the latter.
As for it being an erotic experience... it's something that I find myself literally unable to imagine. I don't know exactly why I feel this way (I can think of several possibilities, including that I may have effectively brainwashed myself on the issue), but I just cannot wrap my mind around the idea.
I recently read an american-made adult comic that started with someone being raped, then she realized it was actually someone she knew and loved, and poof! Suddenly it's okay and she loved it.
Well, I'd read books where poeple talked about their blood running cold. I'd never actually *felt* it until then.
And anything more I might have to say about this will have to wait until tomorrow. '.'
-Morgan."This continuity is now a Princess of Darkness crossover."
"... They're all going to die, aren't they?"
"Yep. Popcorn?"

Messages In This Thread
Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Morganite - 04-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Kokuten - 04-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Kokuten - 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by rmthorn - 04-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Kokuten - 04-30-2007, 07:51 AM