Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Express Drivers
Re: Federal Express Driver and UPS drivers as well.
It makes a lot of sense as a company policy, because of the likelyhood of lawsuits, and as employee saftey.
If they don't have a weapon then their are much less likely to try and be a hero when someone tries to rob them and can you just imagine the sheer number of lawsuits if they where allowed to carry mace to defend against dogs? plus this way it's much easier to place the entire blame on the dog owner.
Also having a company wide weapons policy makes a lot of sense, otherwise I could imagine some low level manager to have his drivers carry guns to defend themelves, whih would make the situation worse for many drivers, since if you have the gun you must have already made the decision to shoot to kill if sufficiently threatened. Which is why I will never carry a gun, if push ame to shove I don't think I could push the trigger and kill another human being. And if you can't do that having a gun is detrimental since the only thing it does is escalate the situation.
Edit: Also the company has a feduciary responsibility towards their employees wellbeing that stands regardless of contract terms. So FedEx and UPS are responsible for the saftey of their drivers and they must take all reasonable steps to ensure that saftey.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Messages In This Thread
Federal Express Drivers - by hmelton - 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Re: Federal Express Drivers - by Kokuten - 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Federal express Drivers - by hmelton - 03-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Re: Federal express Drivers - by M Fnord - 03-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Re: Federal express Drivers - by Morganite - 03-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Re: Federal Express Driver and UPS drivers as well. - by CattyNebulart - 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM