Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palin-Hate

The only reason I voted for McCain was because of Sarah Palin. McCain has been a perpetual thorn in the Republican's side and to be honest I'm not sad
he lost. I was in the sad position that whoever won, I lost. I'm going into the Navy soon and I'm not looking forward to all the cuts in defense
spending that Obama has promised. Obama's foreign policy hasn't been very clear but what I have heard, in regards to forcefully entering Pakistan
without their permission if we find Osama Bin Laden there, wanting to pass any international action past the United Nations, and being global citizens, worries
me. That tangent aside, if Sarah Palin were to run in the primaries right now, I have no doubt that she would get the nomination and according to a recent
Rassmussen Report I wouldn't
be wrong. The one thing people seem to forget is that before Palin became McCain's VP is that McCain didn't have a solid republican base pulling for
him. The only reason he survived the primaries is because the conservative vote was split between Huckabee and Romney for so long that McCain could use his
pull with liberal and moderate republicans to reach an unbeatable lead, similar to what Obama did. With Palin, McCain was able to solidify the conservative
base and made a good showing of himself.

A lot of mud gets thrown in any political campaign and I haven't really heard of anything sticking to Palin once its investigated. I do think that Palin is
one of the Republican Party's best hope of regaining the power its lost. I pray we see her again in 2012.

If we had to have a Carter before we could have a Reagan, than it looks like we get to have an Obama before we can have a Palin.

Messages In This Thread
Palin-Hate - by Logan Darklighter - 11-07-2008, 10:00 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-07-2008, 10:08 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 11-07-2008, 10:23 PM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
[No subject] - by Fidoohki - 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 11-08-2008, 04:36 PM
[No subject] - by Fidoohki - 11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
[No subject] - by Fidoohki - 11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Lordpanther14 - 11-10-2008, 08:57 AM