Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Election Outcome
Canadian Election Outcome
On the one hand the Bloc is now DEAD. DEAD! BWAHAHAHAHAH! Thank you!
On the other hand, the Liberals are almost dead as well. This is a literally unprecedented trouncing for the party that has been a mainstay in politics for over a hundred years. It appears that the Liberals ability to self-sabotage finally hit its peak. If this doesn't convince them to get off their collective heads out of each others assholes and realise that the opponents are people outside the Liberal party then nothing will and the Liberal party is destined to go the way of the old PC party (maybe absorbed by the NDP?).
On the third hand yay for the NDP. I voted for them this election mainly because I was sick of Liberal infighting and incompetence, and I think think that's why a lot of people voted for them. I'm very glad to see the massive inroads in Quebec they managed to attain (especially at the cost to the Bloc, wahaha!) and hope they manage to maintain this momentum in 4~5 years.
On the fourth hand we get a Conservative Majority. I can't say I'm happy about that at all. I guess its time for us to watch the Cons dismantle much of our social services for the next five years or so (and it probably cost me, personally, a job) and one can only hope they don't try rolling back our expanded human rights as well (I imagine the Trans rights bill that almost passed pre-election will never see the light of day for as long as they are in office, for instance).
Overall I have to say I am extremely ambivalent of the outcome.
---------------
Epsilon

Messages In This Thread
Canadian Election Outcome - by Epsilon - 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
[No subject] - by Epsilon - 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM
[No subject] - by Florin - 05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-04-2011, 01:32 AM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 05-04-2011, 02:36 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-04-2011, 04:12 AM
[No subject] - by Epsilon - 05-04-2011, 05:33 AM
[No subject] - by Ayiekie - 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM