Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katy Kaboom's origin story
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story
Thanks for the kind words, Bob! [Image: smile.gif] I knew the basics of Katy's story from the get-go, but it hadn't quite gelled until just recently.
Katy's grandfater -- Norman Augustus St. Clair -- was a character I created a while back in the Palladium Heroes Unlimited universe. Unfortunately, to create him in CoH, he'd have had to have switched hats -- Masterminds are villains, after all. Not his cup of tea.
In his original incarnation, Norman made his fortune by creating a large toy company -- that was his public identity. His hero identity was Santa's Helper (corny, I know). He donned his costume and sent his special toys into battle against the forces of evil. Our GM at the time was a twisted genius, so there was lots of evil to be vanquished, with a side helping of Snark(tm).
Since I couldn't bring him into CoH as a hero, and Norman's a stiff-necked old coot and wouldn't think of switching sides, I figured, hey, he'd make a good lead-in for a new character. Change the backstory a wee bit, file off the serial numbers, and presto! [Image: smile.gif]
Besides, even if CoH allowed heroic masterminds, old Norm wouldn't have been comfortable. Leaping, running, or flying about the city just isn't his style; he's accustomed to his hover-sleigh, barking orders through the P.A. system and sending paratroopers (modified G.I. Joes, anyone?) raining down from above.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Messages In This Thread
Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Sofaspud - 05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Acyl - 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Sofaspud - 05-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Bob Schroeck - 05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Sofaspud - 05-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Bob Schroeck - 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Re: Katy Kaboom's origin story - by Sofaspud - 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM