Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P
Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P
Hi folks!
I've been looking over the info provided, as well as having spent some time looking at the stuff available for sale and the attendant game stats....and pardon me for being a wet blanket and dragging my little cloud of darkness into the Issue 9 release, but....
Just what is supposed to be the incentive to upgrade to IOs?
Sure you never have to upgrade them to keep "current" (I noticed their numbers stay bluish as opposed to the familiar green/gray/yellow/red), but there's a catch. IOs below level 15 only give a bonus slightly better than Training Enhancers, 15-25 is around the DO mark. Level 25+ was touted as being equal to SOs for bonuses...but a level 25 damage SO gave me 36% and a level 25 damage IO gave only 32%. That is NOT equal.
And the IO bonus is fixed to the level of the enhancer. A level 10 IO kept until level 50 does NOT increase its bonus, it stays at the same level 10 bonus (12%, I think).
Maybe I'm being too much of a powergamer (darn you D&D!), but I can't see the point to going for an enhancer that is a pain to get the pieces for and doesn't give as much bang for the bucks spent.
And the math gets worse (IMO) for multi-effect IOs. The one I was looking at this morning was one that Mecha got, and it was Damage/Range: 18% and 11%. Oh sure, if you got the whole set of 6 you got a whole 2% resistance to fire and a few other things, but again, I can't see sacrificing my takedown power for some miniscule buffs. I feel I'll get a far higher rate of return for being able to flatten the bad guys in one shot versus doing it in two and having endurance recovery that's 2 points higher etc.
Am I calculating things wrong here? Or missing something? Maybe I'm too much of a powergamer, but right now the only reason I can see for even MAYBE bothering with the invention system with MechaDeuce is for costume pieces.
Again, I apologize for being a wet blanket. It's just that after all the build-up for I-9 and all the people gushing about it....I just don't get it. I feel let-down because I feel like there's sweet bugger all in the update for myself and my characters.
(I'm not leaving CoH, but I'm just not finding I9 compelling in any way. It doesn't change the game for me. And that's disappointing. After three years of playing, I'm not getting that sense of wonder anymore. Tongue )
Feel free to comment or point out anything I'm missing... Say *something*!
Bert V.V.
skyknight@sentex.net

Messages In This Thread
Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by MechaDeuce - 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Re: Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by MechaDeuce - 05-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Re: Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by The Hunterminator - 05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Re: Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by Mekadave - 05-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Re: Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by The Hunterminator - 05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
hmm - by Foxboy - 05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Fixed it! - by His Lovely Wife - 05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Re: Invention Enhancers - Why bother? =P - by Mekadave - 05-12-2007, 09:12 PM