Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positron Task Force
Re: Positron Task Force
The Posi TF is infamous for breaking the spirit of pick-up groups who attempt it. The first time I finished it was with a Tanker. I just kept grinding away after everyone else gave up. It sucked.
The second time I finished, I did my homework and pulled together a TF PUG myself. It mostly went smoothly, though it was still a long grind and we lost one or two people along the way.
Pieces of advice culled from the forums and my experience:
Having someone who can stealth ahead and recall friend is not required, but it is a huge help.
The first few missions in particular are front-loaded... difficult spawns, huge maps. But they aren't 'Defeat All' missions. Stealth to the target and clear the room. This will go a long way toward speeding things up and giving your teammates confidence that they can do this thing.
There's a long, tedious middle section of the TF... which is another place where having a speedy/stealthy person with recall friend can save time. And time is your worst enemy on this one.
If you can get through the first mission or two without things going to hell, you're good to go. If things are going poorly, just drop the TF and start over. Re-invite only promising members of the first effort & recruit. It will save time and grief in the long run.
If someone has to drop or logoff, ask them to do so between missions. Individual TF missions are scaled to the size of the team when you make it the active task or hit the door. If you're halfway through a tough mission and people quit, you're out of luck. If they quit before it goes active, the next mission will be appropriate to the remaining team.
I recommend a team of 4-6 people. That way even if one or two people drop along the way, you should have 2-4 for the final missions, which are not as ridiculous as the first few, but may be hard to solo. More than 6 is just asking for trouble in the first missions.
--Render

Messages In This Thread
Positron Task Force - by Logan Darklighter - 02-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Re: Positron Task Force - by The Hunterminator - 02-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Re: Positron Task Force - by jpub - 02-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Re: Positron Task Force - by The Hunterminator - 02-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Re: Positron Task Force - by Acyl - 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Re: Positron Task Force - by Render - 02-21-2007, 12:18 AM