Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
RE: A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
I figured as much, when you didn't understand I was critiquing your presentation.

If you understand electromagnetism "very very well and probably in more depth than (me)", how it is you don't understand that what you have made is an antenna? Do you understand that you live on the surface of a giant electric motor? Surrounded by a natural magnetic field that keeps the dangerous rays of the sun from harming you? (Not to mention the EM noise dumped into our environment for radio, television, power lines, etc.) Mysticism and disproved hypotheses need not apply: you are playing with electromagnetism. Hey, does it "work" in a Faraday cage?

Power your house with it, then it's a breakthrough. Right now, it's crackpot idea based on an irregular antenna.

[FYI, this is pretty much what I created (in abstract) for a science-in-name-only sci-fi RPG campaign, as the handwavium to let the story work. But at least mine needed power to create a gravity/FTL drive....]

I am Jack's healthy skepticism  Undecided
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me - by Spoilsport - 09-20-2017, 03:09 PM