Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
RE: A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
Your "critique of (my) critique" included defenses not in evidence for specific identified features, so no; it was an attempted defense.

aether Wrote:And if I could power my house with it you would still not believe me.
Well, that's a lie. If you had powered your house with it, you would understand how it works, be able to describe the underlying principle without the mysticism, how to harness it, and then have successfully demonstrated it. That would be a breakthrough. (A month later, you could afford a video camera with the savings to your power bill, film from beginning to end, and post it to Youtube. Or after a year of savings, apply for a Patent and then release the video.)

So far, we have a great deal of woo. Classic woo. Not even diet woo.  Wink
Y'know, scratch that last bit because this:
Quote:optical conductivity seems to give an unimpeded velocity to the current
qualifies as woo-light   Big Grin *ba-doom-cha!*

The more you post, the more this sounds like an electrostatic field around actual coils (the mere-image-generates-a-field thing is straight-up woo). An imbalance between these coils in proximity creates an electromagnetic field. Ten minutes of Google-fu. Unless, after 20 years, you don't know how to describe what you are doing; the original post's "sub-quantum" thing hints at that.

Further: the coils carry their static charge in a Faraday cage, so  Sad  skepticism is holding.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me - by Spoilsport - 09-21-2017, 01:07 PM