Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me
Hi, this is a serious post, there is no fiction or joking in it.  BTW I am 39 and I have been researching this for over 2 decades...

I have discovered what could be termed "handwavium", which is to say I have as a back yard type, discovered something revolutionary that could lead to the technology required to meet and exceed Fenspace etc..., which is strange because that's almost never how big important discoveries are made except for most of them of course.  Ok, that was a joke.

So here is the problem, I have not got the money or skills to get this technology to the level where it can take us to the stars, or other planets, at least not yet.

And I am a bit unsure about asking for help from people who might have more interest in suppressing/stealing this technology, or others who might be too closed minded to look, or feel it threatens their current beliefs.

So anyway the strange part is that handwavium is very appropriate as a term as the "substance" that I have found how to generate/effect for want of a better word (much in the sense that electrical generators generate the substance electricity) is currently only detected by, primarily hands.

So WTF am i talking about?

Ok, so I started researching claims of Antigravity and Free Energy, and I concluded that there really was something to it, so then I went about trying to understand it, at first looking for a "loop hole" or pulling one's self up by your own boot straps, a logical way to cheat physics.  Alas, not only do such attempts only seem to trick the mind, but when I looked for correlations in the claims that I overall accepted as being true I did not see indications of such methods, rather I saw something different that I didn't want to find, that there was a substance in the background of space, a sub quantum field, an aether, or a technologically derived version of "chi" or "orgone".

Ok, so I know how this sounds, the skeptic in the back of my head hears all this too, but please continue reading...

So after all together too damn long, embarrassingly long, I made a strange coil that I could feel emanate this curious flow of "something",  call it aether, chi, orgone or "handwavium", i was able to verify that it was not anything conventional, for one it would continue for about 10 minutes after I stopped applying power to this unusual coil.

So since then, I have managed to get some strange results and significantly improve the degree of this "stuff" which I can generate/effect/disturb.

I have found that over 90% of people can feel this energy.

So here is the question, if someone makes a discovery, can reasonably prove it (in the sense that while the technology to detect this "stuff" might not have been readily identified/invented or be ubiquitous, human sense can detect it to a degree that, done well, leaves no doubt as to the reality of this "stuff"), and it has the promise of being vastly revolutionary...

Will anyone care?

As it says in the fenspace wiki (I have not read the books) Scientists studied it. Governments feared it. The rest of the world didn’t care all that much.

In short Governments and the public at large aren't going to be interested in a helpful manner.

And respected scientists are too busy being respected than to embrace heretical ideas that breach the current laws of physics, also the Government and current financial interests influence them...

So who, except for the lone inventor gives a stuff?

Do you, my fellow sci-fi nerds?  Or are your subscriptions to skeptic magazine on lifetime subscription?

I can prove my modest yet extraordinary claims, but even if proven, who cares to actually put in the effort needed to bring this seed of a new realm of technology into reality?

TL;DR Is anyone seriously interested in making humanity in space with properly advanced technology (nor rocketry) happen? Actually willing to put in the work to both evaluate the reality of such a possibility and willing to put real time and effort in to make that dream happen?

Edit: Curious as to what typo/spelling mistake I missed, I has missed "went" where the "w" was dropped spelling "ent".  And while I know that proper is properly spelt with one p in the middle of the word, I do habitually type it with 2 P's.
So clearly the world should not have a breakthrough because of one typo and one persistent spelling mistake.  Glad you got to feel the huffy puffiness of arrogance and superiority based on trivialities!

Messages In This Thread
A serious post - What if someone were to discover handwavium, and what if it is me - by aether - 09-06-2017, 08:40 PM