Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always Look On The Bright Side (Short Fic)
Re: Feedback
Quote:
Good so far, I like how you stay within the mechanics of the COH world, without slaving yourself to it.
I think that's largely 'cause I really do like the CoH world. Most of the characters I actually play and write about are fairly self-contained. But I've come up with a lot of others based on stuff from the game world, it's just that they've never stuck. Still...Superball, he's got some stuff with the Outcasts in his background, and all that, and there's this Mirrorshard Isis thing I wanna write eventually, also tying in with some fairly obscure game lore.
Personally, I'm not sure this is as strong an opening as it could be, pacing-wise...but enh. I don't want it to be too long, and not simply for submission guidelines. I remember workin' like mad once to cut a random drabble down to 100 words. Now, I wasn't writing this for anything, so...when faced with my editing...a friend went "WHY?" "Um, well, I feel like it should be a hundred words." "I liked your original better, the longer one." "Yeah. But...it should be a hundred words." "Man, why?" "It just should."
Quote:
Perhaps not as manic as normal, but Superball's interior dialog isn't normally as out their as his external one.
It never is, and...well, I've actually got more of Four Seasons Shuffle - the other Superball story - written than I've posted. Maybe I'll get round to doing that... but yeah, Superball's real thought processes aren't as crazy as his behaviour. 'cause again, the behaviour is an act. Granted, he still has a sense of humour, so his real thoughts aren't always that far removed from what he says...but in combat, the degree of seperation's obviously a touch higher.
With a longer narrative, that's more obvious. Here...I don't know.
Hm, if word length allows, I may throw in a few more cat jokes. In fact, that may be a good idea, to give more clues whose minions he's fighting, before the narrative names them explicitly. I like gradual reveals like that...
Quote:
Hmmm. Unlikely angel. Space Mage?
No...not any hero from homeline Paragon.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
Feedback - by Rev Dark - 09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Re: Feedback - by Acyl - 09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
angels - by Foxboy - 09-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Re: angels - by Acyl - 09-12-2006, 10:16 PM