Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalnoy Volk's Future tinkering
Re: Stalnoy Volk's Future tinkering
This is bordering on thread necromancy, but I've been kinda busy of late, and this feel thorugh the cracks. Plus I've been giving myself time to consider what you said about the look of the armor.
I find I have to agree. The Version 2.0 armor is lacking the personality of the earlier version. It looks cool on it's own, but... Heh. Kinda reminds me of the arguments me and other Star Blazers fans had about the Syd Mead design for the Yamato 2520 design. Came to the conclusion that the Y2520 was a BEAUTIFUL ship taken on it's own merits. But it... Just. Wasn't. Yamato.
These memos and pictures were on a "what-if" basis anyway. I have yet to make any of these changes. I think at this point we can take it as read that although it's some decent idea mongering, it's apocryphal at best.
But I will at some point have more costume slots to do things with. And I wonder what the heck to actually do with them? I was toying with the idea of a another "out of suit" costume for Stalnoy. Maybe formal military "dress blues" outfit? Hmm... Wondering where I can get info on what Russian Air Force formal dress uniforms look like... -Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------

Messages In This Thread
Re: Stalnoy Volk's Future tinkering - by Acyl - 08-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Re: Stalnoy Volk's Future tinkering - by Logan Darklighter - 08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Re: Stalnoy Volk's Future tinkering - by Acyl - 09-01-2006, 10:10 AM