Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales of the Legendary - Goddess of the Harvest
Tales of the Legendary - Goddess of the Harvest
((Disclaimer: I am not a good writer. There. I said it. Here's a "little" background into everyone's favorite DebtLizard - DJ w00t))

PART 1 - GENESIS

In the beginning, there was darkness - liquid and deep. The world seemed created entirely of shadows and inky blackness stretching infinitely in all
directions. There was no up or down...no beginning or end.

Suddenly, light - blinding enough to bleach one's soul it seemed. The world shrank, from the endless womb of a black sea, to a glowing prison of glass,
wires, and synthetic ambiotic fluid. Consciousness bubbled forth like the head of a warm beer after being set down too hard as eyes which had never seen the
light struggled to comprehend the world around them.

Genau'Goeg was awake. And none too happy about it.

She was suddenly aware of the various hardware attached to her body - electrical leads sending gentle shocks to muscles to stimulate them, a feeding tube
shoved down her throat and into her stomach, air lines that worked their way into her sinus cavities, and most disturbing of all, the wires attached directly
to her brain through her scalp, tickling her thoughts with images she did not yet understand. She began to tear out the electrical impulse leads, only stopping
when the pulses intended to stimulate her muscles electrified the ambiotic medium inside of her capsule prison. She was vaguely aware of buzzing alarms as she
slipped again into unconcsiousness.

Again, the light was blinding, more so than before. Genau'Goeg's eyes snapped open and she instinctively lunged forward towards an enemy that might
even not exist. She found herself choking quite suddenly and looked down to see a leather collar around her neck attached by a thick chain to a smooth
alabaster wall. Genau sunk to the floor and coughed, fighting for breath. Her eyes darted around, taking in her new surroundings.

She was no longer attached to any wires or tubes - apart from the collar around her neck, she was completely unencumbered. The room was smooth and white as
eggshell, harshly lit with a brilliant white globe suspended from the ceiling and adorned with nothing more than glass partition and a few chairs beyond. There
was a door on the other side as well, but none it seemed leading into her glass prison. Gen's smooth blue scales scraped softly against the stone as she
propped herself up on her elbows and rolled onto her back, looking up into the cold, unblinking eye of a previously unnoticed camera. Her head snapped towards
the sound of an opening door, teeth bared.

A creature filled the room beyond the partition with its sheer presence. He was dragon-like in appearance, scales glossy and green as springtime, with a large
pair of leathery wings peeking over his well-muscled shoulders. He wore a set of chitonous form-fitting black armor with a large sword strapped to his hip. The
numerous scars along his body confirmed that his sword was not merely for show, Gen noted, nor was the stink of blood, palpable even from this side of the
glass partition. His claws clicked across the stone floor as he glided to one of the chairs. A thick tail swung behind him like a pendulum with each step. He
looked at the naked and snarling Genau with an air of amusement and took a seat.

"Please," he hissed in a deep, condescending voice. "Your face may freeze that way."

"Wha...what...am...I?" Gen struggled with each word, the sensation of language still unfamiliar to her untried tongue.

"What are you?" the creature smiled. "You are mine. That is all you need to know for now." He reached to his side and opened a compartment
on his armor, producing a key. "I am going to come in there, and you are going to behave, understand? If not, well, I'm sure I can find ways to make
you more...docile." His voiced dripped with an undertone of pompous power, of someone who's authority was absolute. A part of Gen recoiled and
submitted as she sat up, watching this stranger as he rose from his chair and walked toward the glass partition. He pressed his hand against the smooth
surface, leaving a glowing handprint behind which coalesced into a keyhole in the glass. When the key was inserted, the partition faded out of existence. The
large draconian creature grabbed two chairs, setting one in front of Gen, and sitting in the other a good 3 or so feet beyond her reach.

"First I should tell you my name," he started, matter-of-factly. "I am Karegu'Rhia, leader of our people, the Dran'an. You are known to
us as Genau'Goeg, the name of our Goddess of the Harvest." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, exhaling slowly. "This is a lot to take in,
I'm sure, but this is very important for you to understand. Ours is a mighty race, carving our glory out of the corpses of our enemies. It is in our blood
to conquer those who dare to stand in our way - constant millenia of struggle has been recorded in countless manuscripts spanning generations of my lineage, as
well as yours. However, it would seem there is one foe that we are unable to best, despite all of our technology and all of our battle-hardness. An entire
generation of females has been born to us sterile or unfit for breeding. The cause seems to be an anomaly in our women's genetic structure, according to
our scientists." Gen was suddenly aware of Karegu'Rhia's eyes on her body, sweeping her from head to toe with a seemingly lustful intent. She
glared at him and snorted, the sharp exhale of her breath steaming slightly. Karegu smirked and continued.

"I gathered my best scientists together and sent them on a quest to find compatible genetic material to our own. They conquered countless lower races on
distant worlds to find missing DNA sequences, as well as conducted several operations on the homeworld of the race known as humans. Some of our experiments
were at best, a mediocre success." He reclined a bit, his eyes fixed on Gen's scaly breasts. "They produced us eggs, yes, but there were some
unforseen problems - mainly birth defects, but also sterility. This last crushing blow to our species was unimaginable. Luckily, we were able to adapt
technology from some of the other races we have conquered." He smiled, his pointed teeth glittering in the harsh light of the holding cell. "That is
where you come in, Goddess of the Harvest. You are a result of many years of trial and error - the first fertile, ex-utero child created in our laboratories,
and the purest of all our hybridization experiments."

"Child!" Gen spat, a growl rising in her throat. "What child looks like this?"

"Temper, my dear," Karegu said, scowling. "These are your first moments of consiousness, however, you have been growing under the watchful eyes
of my scientists, and myself, for quite some time, though not as long as you would be having been naturally hatched. That is the beauty of this ex-utero
technology - we have the ability to speed up certian stages of development. Although, others..." he trailed off, looking over Gen's shoulders at her
lack of wings. "You are, chronologically speaking, only 10 years old. However, your mind, and...other aspects, are that of an adult." Gen's head
swam with confusion and rage, her mind desperately trying to soak all of this in, and her body rebelling as a result. She wretched and vomited before drifting
off again into unconsiousness. Karegu wrinkled his snout in disapproval, sighed and rose to leave. He turned towards the two "scientists" that had
entered from the hallway - large hulks of draconian brutes, bristling with spines and barely contained animal instincts.

"Collect her, clean her up, and take her to my chambers." He said, slightly disgusted. "And remember to restrain her - I don't want a repeat
of what happened when you tried opening her capsule." Karegu rubbed a newer-looking scar on his face which ran from his cheek to the top of his reptilian
scalp...

(to be continued)

Messages In This Thread
Tales of the Legendary - Goddess of the Harvest - by alaskanime - 05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 05-09-2008, 03:09 AM
[No subject] - by Vyperpunk - 05-09-2008, 04:36 AM
[No subject] - by alaskanime - 05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
[No subject] - by alaskanime - 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
[No subject] - by alaskanime - 12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Vyperpunk - 12-08-2008, 02:12 AM
[No subject] - by alaskanime - 12-08-2008, 05:09 AM
[No subject] - by alaskanime - 12-08-2008, 09:15 AM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
[No subject] - by Vyperpunk - 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM