Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messages drifting on the Static
Primal Transference
The mind boggles...

I'm still having a hard time grasping it, the audacity of the two of them, Cole and Scott.

I...

Stop, okay. Start with the mundane.

After the fiasco with the neutron bomb, I got to work with a former military guy named Crow. It was pretty interesting, especially when we joined up with a couple of ladies in red for a few missions. I wonder now if they're...

Sorry. Crow and I found out a few things about his old battalion. None nice. I moved on to work with Dr. Helix and the Ghouls. Or whatever they're calling themselves now. Still strange, even when I know what sick things Cole lets his lackeys get away with.

Then Scott himself. What a grand plan he had. What a traitor he had in his midst all along.

And then, after all that, after the Parliament building went up in flames, after yet another setback for Scott's Resistance, he tells me, "You're ready. Expect a call from the Doctor."

Oh, to be back in my little apartment, alone in the world, with only myself to care about. Damn Cole. Damn Scott.

The 'Doctor' he meant was Steven Sheridan, a man from Primal Earth.

I remember when I was little, I snuck into my mother's study, and tried reading some of her papers. One was a study on dimensional anomalies, and how they could be used to punch through holes to different worlds.

Such a small thing to remember, when Sheridan told me that he was from a world not my own.

The similarities of what's happening are disturbing. Cole's sending recruits over to this Primal world to 'Investigate and Soften' for the invasion he's planning. *Invasion!* No one's heard of this place before, and the Golden Emperor wants to invade! What more proof could there be of his megalomania?

But Scott! Scott wants his little Powers Division pawns to go over and 'Attract sympathy for the Resistance' and 'Aid in efforts against Cole's invasion'. What are we supposed to do against what weapons Cole has dreamed up to take on whatever Powered there are in Primal?

Gawd.

At least I have my own little going away party. Quite a few of the people I've aided along the way are down here, wishing me well. Even Splice got over her hatred of people to hand off a new 'Box. She said it should be able to piggyback any signal heading here from Primal, so I could keep up my anonymous writings. She gave a little wink at that. I should have figured she'd read what I've been putting on the Static.

All that's left now is to walk down a bridge into a maelstrom of concentrated science and power. If there are no more updates to this, well, hope that I made it through safely, and Splice just isn't as good as she thinks.

But, I've got a feeling- That even though I'm heading into another world, what I'm doing is right. And that one day, I'm gonna be back.

After all, I've still got a debt to settle with Cole and his little group of Praetors.

Until then, look for messages, drifting in the Static.

Messages In This Thread
Messages drifting on the Static - by Niteflier - 09-25-2010, 07:57 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 09-26-2010, 12:49 AM
[No subject] - by dark seraph - 09-26-2010, 12:55 AM
[No subject] - by Niteflier - 09-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Dissapear. - by Niteflier - 10-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Primal Transference - by Niteflier - 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM