Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Millennium City... New universe or Primal Earth?

Since I've been collecting the Champions books for the better part of two decades, I'm in the same position as Acyl. There are certain ways in which it'd be very difficult to reconcile "Paragon" Earth and it's neighboring dimensions (the shadow shard and the local multiverse of alternate universes that Praetorian Earth and the Rikti Earth are a part of) with that of the Champions cosmology.  

A friend I made during the last couple of months - Captain Electric, was on early this morning and I welcomed him to Champions. (and his Champions outfit, more than anyone I've seen so far, is remarkably like his COH counterpart! He lucked out!) He's an avid roleplayer and was really getting into attempting to RP the silver-age nature of the universe while we did some adventuring. Somewhat to my amusement, really, he's a VERY "silver age" character. ^_^

One of the more interesting things he came up with - and I don't suggest this universally - I just mention how he did it - is he considers himself a dimensional transplant from Paragon City and Primal Earth. But he ALSO says he's aware that "he" has never really left and still flies the skies and patrols the streets of Paragon City as he always has. In other words, he's sort of been duplicated in the process. 

While we were doing a mission, C8 was ambushed by minions of his CO Nemesis. And I had to explain where they came from and who was sending them. In the process I improvised on the spot and came up with the following vague outline/bullet points: 

- This is the original C8 from Primal Earth/Paragon City. 
- C8 has all his memories from Primal Earth, but he also has what could be considered some "native" knowledge of the CO World. Some of this could be due to wi-fi connections in Millennium City he's able to access (MC has a very robust internet system - part of that whole "city of the future" thing) and being able to look up information on background data on-the-fly. But some of it he seems to just -remember- as if he's been here a longer amount of time than he can account for. 
- His current nemesis is "Prototype 6". P6 is one of the original 7 failed attempts at the process which created C8. 
- Like in the original universe, there were 7 "failed" attempts by Dr. Tani of the procedure that created C8. Dr. Tani never actually activated number 6 back in Primal Earth. 
- C8 isn't sure HOW Prototype 6 could even be active. C8 understood that the nature of the previous 7 failures was that a consciousness - the "spark" if you will - of a human intellect and/or soul - simply failed to take hold or survive the transfer intact. So there shouldn't even be any "ghost in the shell" inside of Prototype 6. Either there's a demented A.I. driving that android or someone completed Dr. Tani's work. 
- There may be a native universe version of C8 somewhere. But if there is, he hasn't been seen. C8's been able to look up records in the local history that reference him and his adventures. But the details are different than he remembers them from Primal Earth. And also none of them are any newer than 1974, which is consistent with when the Primal Universe C8 was trapped underground and went inactive. In Paragon City C8 was rediscovered and revived in 2006 when Faultline was re-opened to development and they started to recover the zone and unearth several of the underground bases there. In this world there is no Paragon City or Faultline. So C8 isn't sure what happened to his local counterpart. 

That's what I've come up with so far. It's subject to change/retcon as we figure things out. 

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 12-03-2012, 03:14 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 12-03-2012, 05:36 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 12-03-2012, 06:34 AM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 12-03-2012, 07:57 AM
[No subject] - by Dragonflight - 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 12-04-2012, 03:07 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM