Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you haven't seen me for awhile in CO and/or STO - well - I'm BACK!

Oh, we got over the burnout ages ago. Although right now, Secret World's getting more of our attention. A new issue came out at the start of the month, and I'd actually never finished the issue before it, not to mention getting a new friend interested in the game.

Anyhow, I'd suggest at least visiting Risa once a day once the Summer Event starts this week. This years reward is a T6 Ferengi ship, and they've actually changed how Event ships are awarded. The ships from previous years are no longer available to be earned in new projects. If you have an uncompleted project from last year, you can use the new currency introduced this year to get it, but that's it. And at the end of the event, any uncompleted project and unused currency will be automatically deleted. This was because a lot of people were keeping spare currency saved up, so that they could get the ship on the first day and not have to do everything. That, and the anniversary event, which used the same system, has had the featured ep grant 400 of the 1000 needed currency for running the featured ep once on each character. With the old system of making the ship cost only 40 once one character had unlocked the ship, a lot of people had close to 800 saved up without doing anything.

HOWEVER, as a counterpoint to that bad news. Any event ships you've unlocked in the past? Can now be unlocked for free on any character. Well, by now, I mean next Thursdays update. They'll be adding a button to the event section of the Reputation tab. The various Breen ships, anniversary ships, so on and so on. This means that if you got the Dyson Science Destroyer last year, for instance, you can get it for a character you made today... Well, you'd probably want to level them to 50 first, but that's not exactly a nightmare. And T5 Event ships get a free upgrade.

This is actually a great example of whoever's handling PR at Cryptic really not getting what they're doing wrong. The second paragraph was the first announcement. The third paragraph was a second announcement, SEVERAL DAYS LATER, after yet another shitstorm on the forums and reddit. The first one was poorly explained, and followed by lots of complaints from Devs about people not playing the game as intended, much like the XP mess. If these had been part of the same announcement, with a decently worded explanation and no Devs throwing out bitching on the forums, a location known for flames and chaos? Well, there'd be some complaints, but I think it'd be mostly well received.

Oh well... And now you're making me want to make a thread. 'MD compares the different MMOs: An Idiot Online!'

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 05-28-2015, 11:33 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 05-29-2015, 06:51 AM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 05-29-2015, 07:46 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 05-29-2015, 12:55 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 05-30-2015, 03:01 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 05-30-2015, 10:07 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 05-30-2015, 10:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 05-30-2015, 11:03 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 05-31-2015, 02:14 AM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 06-02-2015, 09:48 PM