Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a teaser, not a spoiler, not even story material...
Not a teaser, not a spoiler, not even story material...
... but it is a partial selection of the quotes I have lined up for chapter headers.  They aren't guaranteed to be used, but they might give you some idea of where I'm going regardless.
Gotta get in tuneWith "Sailor Moon"'Cause that cartoonHas the boom anime babesThat make me think the wrong thing.-- Barenaked Ladies, "One Week"
We must be swift as the coursing riverWith all the force of a great typhoonWith all the strength of a raging fireMysterious as the dark side of the moon-- Donny Osmond, "I'll Make A Man Out Of You", from Disney's "Mulan"
Be as fast as the wind, silent as the forest, aggressive as the
fire, enduring as the mountain.  -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
I'm guided by a signal in the heavensI'm guided by this birthmark on my skinI'm guided by the beauty of our weaponsFirst we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin-- Leonard Cohen, "First We Take Manhattan"
I've got my clipboard, text booksLead me to the stationYeah, I'm off to the civil warI've got my kit bag, my heavy bootsI'm runnin' in the rainGonna run 'til my feet are rawSlip kid, slip kid, second generationAnd I'm a soldier at thirteenSlip kid, slip kid, realizationThere's no easy way to be freeNo easy way to be free-- The Who, "Slip Kid"
Now I ain't no preacher,Don't know if I'll reach you,But here is some humble advice:Use your uncommon senseAnd you surely will liveAn uncommonly sensible life.-- Modern Man, "A Much Better View of the Moon"
If I lose my job, I'll sleep till noon.If the news is bad, I'll watch cartoons.And if my house burns down,I'll have lots more roomAnd a much better view of the moon.-- Modern Man, "A Much Better View of the Moon"
The right thing to guide usIs right here inside usNo one can divide usWhen the light is leading on-- Nickelback, "When We Stand Together"
So you say you gotta know why the world goes aroundAnd you can't find the truth in the things you've foundAnd you're scared shitless 'cause evil abounds,Come join us.-- Bad Religion, "Come Join Us"
"Demons run when a good man goes to warNight will fall and drown the sunWhen a good man goes to warFriendship dies and true love liesNight will fall and the dark will riseWhen a good man goes to warDemons run, but count the costThe battle's won, but the child is lost"-- Steven Moffat, "Doctor Who", "A Good Man Goes to War" (2011.06.04)
The small girl smilesHer eyelid flickersShe whips a pistol from her knickersShe aims it at the creature's headAnd BANG! BANG! BANG! she shoots him ... dead.-- Roald Dahl, "Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf"
The bravest warriors are the ones who stand for peace.-- Holly Near, "The Great Peace March"
To be alive again...
Wakin' up from where you been
Younger now than you were then
You're comin' 'round again
Do you remember when...
Life was so much simpler then
Like summer nights that never end
To be alive again
-- Journey, "To Be Alive Again"
What does it matter to youWhen you've got a job to doYou've got to do it wellYou've got to give the other fellow hell...-- Wings, "Live and Let Die"
With living sapphires; Hesperus, that ledThe starry host, rode brightest, til the moon,Rising in clouded majesty, at lengthApparent queen, unveil'd her peerless light,And o'er the dark her silver mantle threw.-- John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book 4, Line 604
"Can you find the Valium? Can you bring it soon? Lost Johnny's out there Baying at the Moon."  -- Hawkwind
We are the music makers,And we are the dreamers of dreams,Wandering by lone sea-breakers,And sitting by desolate streams;World-losers and world-forsakers,On whom the pale moon gleams:Yet we are the movers and shakersOf the world for ever, it seems.-- Ode by Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy
So, good night, you moonlit ladies,Rock-a-bye sweet baby James.Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose,Won't you let me go down in my dreams?And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.-- James Taylor, "Sweet Baby James"
If light were darkAnd dark were lightThe moon a black holeIn the blaze of nightA raven's wingAs bright as tinThen you, my love,Would be darker than sin.-- "The Invocation", Pandora's Box, "Original Sin", by Jim Steinman
To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the mostdesirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer theenemy by strategy. -- Sun T'zu
Mastery in warfare consists of winning without fighting.  -- Sun T'zu
You can be born to the path of a warrior and never harm anyone.-- Scott Glenn
In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.-- Irwin Rommel
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Not a teaser, not a spoiler, not even story material... - by Bob Schroeck - 05-18-2016, 12:41 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-18-2016, 01:38 AM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 05-18-2016, 05:19 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-19-2016, 02:01 AM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 05-19-2016, 03:48 PM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 05-19-2016, 07:15 PM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 05-19-2016, 08:14 PM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 05-20-2016, 02:07 AM
[No subject] - by Labster - 05-20-2016, 06:43 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 05-21-2016, 08:12 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-21-2016, 08:40 PM
[No subject] - by skyfire2020 - 05-22-2016, 01:38 AM
[No subject] - by Inquisitive Raven - 05-22-2016, 04:36 AM