Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much of a Coincidence To Ignore
Too Much of a Coincidence To Ignore
So, as I said I might do in a different thread, I actually went diving into Google Maps this evening, exploring Azabujuban at ground level and looking for (among other things) a building in which to put the apartment I'd already decided on for Doug.  I literally browsed around at random, starting with a page on AirBNB which highlighted the residential area in Azabu and then using that to do a virtual walk around the district.

I found myself eventually on a little narrow street filled with maisons, apaatos and mansions (the Japanese usage, not the American/British) and a few restaurants and other businesses.  And found myself looking at a small parking lot with a four-story apartment building behind it that looked old enough to have been relatively new in 1992.  I bounced my little Streetview man to the next street over and looked at the building from the other side, and then wandered around the neighborhood a bit.... and decided yeah, this is a good candidate for Doug's place.  I kept the tab open and started researching other locations in Azabu, specifically where Usagi's house might be.  And while I was doing that... I almost immediately came across a YouTube video made by someone living in the very building I'd just settled on, showing not only the building and the view from it, but also the neighborhood around it. 

Anyway, that kind of coincidence is not something to ignore.  So here you go, folks, have a look around the neighborhood where Doug lives during the events of DW-S:

Edit:  Still researching, and I've just discovered I've parked Doug almost on top of "Darkness Hill" (Kurayami no Zaka) from the third episode of the SuperS season, and a side-story that puts a vampire in one of the embassy buildings there.  Yeesh. 

Edit, September 2020: The building and the lot behind it have been replaced by a new apartment building; IIRC, the video that was linked above was posted by the management of the old building, which would explain why it's now missing.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Too Much of a Coincidence To Ignore - by Bob Schroeck - 05-27-2016, 03:21 AM
[No subject] - by Labster - 05-27-2016, 09:45 AM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 05-27-2016, 02:04 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-27-2016, 02:24 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-28-2016, 12:22 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 05-28-2016, 02:56 AM