Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few ideas

Somehow it's the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFdOFJTOGq8 song I think of first for "Show me the way" which would pretty definitely be on Doug's Do Not Play list given the religious references. As for the other - maybe it was another fic, but I'm pretty sure I've read a snippet of - - - no it was another fic - "Naruto, the True Song Nin" or something like that - where Naruto has performancce-based song powers and uses this one with an older Konohamaru in the answering part as a means to placate his girlfriend by refuting Naruto-as-song-narrator's advice to deny, deny, deny. Somehow, I was picturing that as a snippet of Doug and Shinji instead. ??? It could work as you suggested for Doug, or it could let him perceive untruths as obviously as the ones in the song, or act as an "honesty is the best policy, I'll definitely be caught if I try to lie" compulsion effect.

- dNN
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
A few ideas - by Norgarth - 10-12-2011, 06:13 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-13-2011, 03:19 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 10-13-2011, 06:01 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-13-2011, 02:51 PM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 10-30-2011, 11:40 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 10-30-2011, 11:53 PM