Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes for the Walk
Quotes for the Walk
At the beginning of every chapter is a selection of quotes related to the theme of the episode. Also, Doug and occasionally others do their own quip/quote drops.
Here's where I think we should put some we all think might be appropriate to join them to help, partly to help Bob from having to brainstorm to much to find suitable ones, partly just for the fun of finding them. Quotes which we just KNOW can in some way be related to Doug or the worlds he interacts with.
~~~
I, for one, already gave a humorously altered Batman movie quote related to the Harry Potter step
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that - who's afraid of the pale emo prat?"
~~~
I watched the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies to celebrate being done with my final exams. Figured I'd make use of that to bring up some excellent quotage from them.
Here's a quote for a chapter in which there exists some blatant example of the corruption in the Ministry of Magic:
“Loyalty is no longer the currency of the realm... I'm afraid that currency is the currency of the realm” – Lord Cutler Beckett, East India Trading Company, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest~~~
And, of course, we all know how Doug feels about fair play in a serious battle:
William Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement! In a fair fight, I'd kill you!Jack Sparrow: Well, that's not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it?– Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
~~~
Cause it's just so Doug...
Lord Cutler Beckett: “You’re mad.”Captain Jack Sparrow: “Thank goodness for that, 'cause if I wasn't this would probably never work.”– Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
~~~
For a chapter in which Horcruxes are featured:
“There's never a guarantee of coming back. But passing on, that's dead certain.” – Captain Hector Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
~~~
And finally, reflecting Doug's feelings on celestials:
“Not a person, a heathen god! One who delights in cursing men with their wildest dreams, and then revealing them to be hollow, and naught but ash! The world is well rid of her.” – Captain Davy Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End

Messages In This Thread
Quotes for the Walk - by DeputyJones - 05-10-2013, 10:43 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
[No subject] - by DeputyJones - 05-31-2013, 02:35 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM