Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived
Well, I guess with the weight of the support going for Michael being fine, I'll rewrite Minnie's part a bit and get started on the detention scene. Thank you for all your comments, particularly Dragonflight's description. I will keep that description in front of me while I write the next couple of scenes.
As for Harry getting kicked out of Hogwarts, obviously not going to happen. But since neither Michael nor any other students know this, there is one line already written that I will share:
Terry groaned. Here we go again another Hal-shaped hole in our House Points, he said resignedly.
Ravenclaw isn't going to win the House Cup anytime soon. Not with Hal 'Michael' Potter around.
You're probably right that I need to explain more about the relative ages of Michael and Harry - I'll throw in more implications (the Mirror of Erised will be a big clue) and spell it out clearly once the opportunity arises.
As far as the Sorting Hat goes, however, I don't get the impression from the books that it necessarily talks to Dumbledore. Also, the conversation with the Hat was deliberately ambiguous on how much it knows, because I wanted to keep the options open. What Michael said could be taken as scepticism about the 'Boy-Who-Lived' pedestal rather than as confession of the identity crisis he's going through. Ravenclaw was Michael's request, of course, but a logical one under the circumstances.
As for Harry returning, I might write an Omake for that, although I have plot running as far as the 4th year and if Harry returned under those circumstances he'd probably have more to worry about than his House and friends. It's a bit awkward to be student at a school where you're publically (VERY publically) described the headmaster as an 'honourless son-of-a-bitch' with a sideline in kidnapping and slave-owning.
I did mention that tension between Michael and the Hogwarts staff escalates, didn't I? When the break comes it's NOT going to be pretty.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Messages In This Thread
Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by chibipoe - 12-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-19-2005, 03:06 AM
sheepish reply - by Foxboy - 12-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Re: sheepish reply - by Zojojojo - 12-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 01-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
's in the blood - by Rieverre - 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Re: 's in the blood - by Dragonflight - 01-03-2006, 12:06 AM