Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived
's in the blood
I would assume (ugly word, but the one to use in this case) that the blood protection applies, if only because it's still Harry's body that Mike's in, Harry's red stuff going through its veins, etc. And Voldie used said blood to regain physical form in GoF, partially because it also let him circumvent the blood protections. Or something in that direction.
*muses* Could be that the reason Hal's magic is only rated average at most is that the body and the spirit are still in a minor sort of discord. On the other paw, it could not. Your floor where that's concerned, sirrah.
If the blood protections still apply, though, would Hal try to delve into researching blood magic to bend them around into a weapon against 'ol' Tom?
As for the prophecy ... well, the _body_ is still marked, so this is a bit iffy. Especially if the original occupant is off somewhere beyond the limits of time and space. Well, that particular segment of time and space. Ahem. You could certainly use this to play with his doubts. What if the prophecy did refer to more the soul than the body? In any case, at least a partial answer would be given when you decide whether or not to have Hal be a Parselmouth (which, I expect, he'd find more interesting than disturbing).
You could use this to have an emotional 'If I stand or fall, it's going to be because of what I did, because of what _I_ am, not because of some bit of barely coherent rambling that was uttered before I was ever conscious of the world around me!' moment. Could be fun.
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Messages In This Thread
Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by chibipoe - 12-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-19-2005, 03:06 AM
sheepish reply - by Foxboy - 12-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Re: sheepish reply - by Zojojojo - 12-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 12-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 01-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Re: Footsteps of the Boy-Who-Lived - by drakensis - 01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
's in the blood - by Rieverre - 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Re: 's in the blood - by Dragonflight - 01-03-2006, 12:06 AM