Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GURPS Technomancer Drabble
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble
The last thing a GURPS cyberpunk game needs is Lina Inverse stopping by for a quick lunch break. [Image: wink.gif]
[Edit]
It also occurs to me that in the Slayers anime, it's been rather clearly defined that the energy for their spells come from dimensional beings. The power to cast the Dragon Slave comes from directly entreating a Demon Lord.
If this particular Demon Lord was unaware of the existence of GURPS cyberpunk Earth, that may not be true anymore. I can see a side-effect of this mostly innocent event being their *needing* to summon someone powerful enough to deal with the side effects of drawing a Demon Lord to their world. There's no shortage of idiots who'd summon him, convinced they could control him. And when the Giga Slave or Ragna Blade are the only spells that will stop him, there's no one on the planet who can save them. I don't imagine the Lord of Nightmares passes those spells out to just anyone.
Of course, I'd also argue that by the end of the many series, Lina's proven herself to be the defacto Avatar of the Lord of Nightmares. She's cast the Giga Slave twice, summoned the Ragna Blade a dozen times, and has been tested (and released!) by LON after being possessed by it. I'd venture to say the Entity is more than a little fond of her by this point, considering how many times she's survived inviting the Entity into her body.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Messages In This Thread
GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by Foxboy - 12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by Dragonflight - 12-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by Bob Schroeck - 12-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by Soutern Cross - 12-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by ECSNorway - 12-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by Foxboy - 12-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Re: Re: GURPS Technomancer Drabble - by mephron - 12-30-2005, 09:18 PM