Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bunnies: Not Where it's At
Hmmm...
First thought: if you don't put any limitations on it up front, it's far too easy to have enchanting ability go seriously Mary Sue. In particular, if
you're going on the raw combat modifiers, every time he makes something, that's a power-up for one of his friends above and beyond the improvement said
friend would be getting anyway.

Second thought: no soldier means no rocket launcher (judge), no intuitive grasp of basic tactics/small unit leadership (snake) and so forth.

Third thought: He may have had the punjab lasso, He may even have had magical powers, but the thing the Phantom was overwhelmingly good at was singing. That,
too, would come across, I think, in part.

Fourth thought: I'd think his connection with Faith would be, if anything, stronger. There's that whole "horribly beat on by the world"
resonance there.

Fifth thought: Phantom-Xander is likely not going to be as willing to tolerate his parents. This will likely mix with the "have to have some place
safe/calm to practice" thing.

Sixth thought: the fact that Xander is no longer "the normal one" is going to have a serious impact on the group dynamics of the later seasons.

No real strong feelings on romantic stuff, but I've always been pretty fond of the Xander/Faith dynamic. Also, if you decided to go with a plotline where
the Phantom was *not* as tamed as Xander thought he was (and that could go in all sorts of interesting places) the Phantom side might be able to fill in the
"resonates with the darkness while being helplessly in love" slot that spike had.

Good luck with the story, wherever you take it.

Messages In This Thread
Bunnies: Not Where it's At - by ClassicDrogn - 06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 06-12-2008, 09:40 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-13-2008, 03:32 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 06-13-2008, 05:30 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Argh! - by Stephen Mann - 06-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmmm... - by Sirrocco - 06-20-2008, 03:21 AM