Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Challenge Omake - need some help
New Year's Challenge Omake - need some help
The "old-timers" around here no doubt remember the New Year's Challenge stories I post every first-week-of-the-year, and the more recent omake that have started to show up around this time of year. Well, this year's omake challenge http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.arts. ... 597f64da13]has been posted, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it...

Quote:Okay, basic 3 anime character teams allowed, standard character rules apply here (i.e. NO BANNED CHARACTERS!)

During some experiments with the master device, I summoned Mirror-Lina and Mirror-Naga and the mirror itself as a third character/item in an attempt to see if summoning items would take up a slot for the upcoming New Year's Challenge. It did, which prevented me from summoning of the random civilians from that particular OAV story. My one regret is that I didn't unsummon the item and put my device in lockdown mode. After I left and went clothes shopping with the two ladies to find them outfits they felt comfortable in, my Challenge Lab video recorded a visitor, one who stepped out of a grandfather clock that appeared in my lab all of the sudden. The audio recorders picked up the following:

"Oh my, the havoc I could wreak with this device. Finally, I could once-and-for-all end that pitiful rival of mine, The Doctor... wait, no, that would only birth The Valeyard, I bet. Something more sinister, more devious, more... masterful... heh-heh. But first, a distraction for this poor fellow should he return too early..."

Upon my return after the shopping trip and dinner (the mirror ladies had the appetite of the regulars, so I was gone a while), I saw what had happened, and immediately unsummoned the mirror wherever it was, however I had not stopped the devious Gallifreyan from causing some chaos. Just like in the OAV, getting rid of the mirror did not get rid of the mirrored people. This time, The Master has let loose 3 individuals in your city, mirror-Chuck Norris, mirror-Bruce Lee, and mirror Mahatma Gandhi. You and your team are to deal with the mirror rampagers, my hands are full with Mirror-Lina and Mirror-Naga.

Deadline will be the end of November when I post the NYC official entry info.

(Bill's somewhat more creative in coming up with these things than I was...)

I'm not having a problem coming up with a team for this; I'm planning to "recruit" associates of my usual Team Lovely But Dangerous. What I am having trouble with is figuring out what mirror-Chuck Norris, mirror-Bruce Lee, and mirror Mahatma Gandhi are like.

(Those who haven't seen the Slayers OAV with the Reversal Mirror will need some explanation. Basically, it's a Mirror of Opposition, but instead of making opposites of people it reflects based on their (A)D&D alignments, it makes the oppsites based on the originals' GURPS disadvantages and quirks... It was deemed far too embarassing to ever use.)

Since I only have until mid-to-late November to write this thing, I need ideas about the "bad" guys Real Soon Now, please...

(Oh, and if anybody else want to play but doesn't have Usenet access, I'll re-post the stories to Usenet if you ask.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
New Year's Challenge Omake - need some help - by robkelk - 11-01-2008, 12:23 AM
[No subject] - by Epsilon - 11-01-2008, 01:18 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 11-01-2008, 02:04 AM
[No subject] - by drakensis - 11-01-2008, 10:17 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM