Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Non serviam" (A plot bunny?)
"Non serviam" (A plot bunny?)
I just watched "The Adjustment Bureau." And there was something that kept coming to my mind throughout. We see that despite their powers, the "Adjusters" don't seem to be any stronger or tougher physically than a human. Further, we learned from Harry Mitchell (the friendly Adjuster) that their manpower and resources are spread thin. Most importantly though, was where Harry said that the Adjusters live "a lot longer" than humans, meaning that they aren't immortal; and if something can die, then it can be killed.

So, what if David, or someone like him, rather than merely resist the Adjustment Bureau, as seen in the film, but instead make war upon them, and kill Adjusters, looting their hats so as to be able to, at some point, invade their realm with others, and wreck the "offices," breaking and burning the stacks and files? Or show the Bureau why violating Evil Overlord Rule #1 is a bad idea? If one were to make a large enough dent (and from what we saw, one would have a reasonable shot at doing so), one could make them too few in number and resources to maintain "The Plan," freeing humanity from their grasp, or at least forcing "The Chairman" to reveal itself.

[In case you can't tell, I think "Rage Against the Heavens" is a seriously underused trope. For example, my favorite fantasy work is "His Dark Materials", and with regards to Bleach, I'm far more sympathetic to Sosuke Aizen than to Soul Society.]

--The Twisted One

"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more dead angels." --Bayonetta
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Messages In This Thread
"Non serviam" (A plot bunny?) - by TheTwisted1 - 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
[No subject] - by CattyNebulart - 03-18-2012, 08:36 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
[No subject] - by CattyNebulart - 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM