Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poke holes in my SF&F world (or add to it)

Well, if it's IC stuff you want...

-----------------

We were lying in the double bed of the private apartment I'd finally managed to move up to, thanks to the new abilities I'd developed since the Shroud lifted. Just relaxing in the gentle Martian gravity and enjoying being able to lie side by side without teetering on the edge of a bunk or being crammed against a bulkhead, and doing it without having to share quarters with another co-worker.

It was almost perfect.

It should have been perfect.

I knew the crap the T-phobes spout was just that, but I still couldn't help wondering lately, just a little...

I rolled my head, to find Juli4's softly glowing blue eyes already looking at me. "What is it?" she asked. Under the covers, my hand brushed against hers, and she took it in a soft grip.

She always could read me, of course. I'd bought her a database and sensor upgrade myself, and that was before she'd learned some new tricks of her own, after installing the UP-CUE.

"Do robots really feel love? I mean, do you like being around me, or is it just your function?" I blurted out, before I could stop myself. Idiot. Stupid human idiot.

"Your well being, happiness, and proximity are the three highest-weighted positive factors in my decision matrix," she replied, without a perceptible pause. "Fulfilling them makes my response index break three digits." She leaned over to kiss my nose, before snuggling into the crook of my shoulder. "So, yes, you silly goose. I love you and you make me happy."

I could feel the slowly-developing bulge in her abdomen that the old laws of reality would have made flatly impossible, Humalike synth-flesh or not, pressing lightly into my side.

It was perfect.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by itsune9tl - 07-30-2015, 05:01 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 07-30-2015, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 07-30-2015, 09:04 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 07-30-2015, 10:16 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 07-30-2015, 10:51 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 07-30-2015, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 07-30-2015, 08:16 PM
[No subject] - by happerry - 08-01-2015, 11:48 AM
[No subject] - by itsune9tl - 08-01-2015, 04:27 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 08-02-2015, 11:34 PM