Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunkard's walk Fan-Step: Rock

Azunth Wrote:...
Three, can you give me a sketch of Emi's personality?  I'm leaning towards including her,  but there's  not quite enough about her written to get a good grasp on her personality and character.

Eimi is a complicated girl.

Let's start with the snapshot that I wrote as of the start of her travels with Doug: http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Eimi Bob has expanded her personality somewhat since then, I've kibitzed on that, Bob has kibitzed on my kibitzing, and so on.

She's picked up a few of Doug's personality traits along the way (they're spending decades together and only months with any other person), including many aspects of his sense of humour. However, she did start as Noah Scott's research assistant and administrative assistant, so she tends to pay attention to detail.

Eimi plays tabletop roleplaying games. She likes playing In Nomine (usually an Elohite of Lightning), BESM (usually a Sailor Jupiter pastiche), and GURPS 4e (usually a technomage, if the setting allows it), but those aren't the only games she knows.

She wears glasses. Even if she doesn't need to. On her, they look good - that's why she wears them.

Eimi swears in Japanese.

She's good at multitasking. Her first Step after she joined Doug was a Shadowrun world (which we haven't fleshed out yet), where she picked up some code and toys from a rigger. (Why? She wanted to do some "reality checking" of the Shadowrun rulebooks she had on file, because of her attention to detail.) Word of Bob is that she never got rid of those toys...

Given her breadth and depth of knowledge of fiction, she recognizes worlds in the Walk slightly more often than Doug does - but she is not familiar with Worm.

If she needs a family name, she uses "Anderson". Fans of dubbed Sailor Moon occasionally ask whether "Amy Eimi Anderson" is a Sailor Mercury reference - sometimes she's annoyed, sometimes she's flattered.

Eimi usually plays by the rules. Usually. However, she plays to win.

Eimi cares deeply about Doug and his well-being, but she isn't romantically attracted to him.

And that's all I can recall this early in the morning...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
Drunkard's walk Fan-Step: Rock - by Azunth - 04-12-2017, 04:37 AM
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 04-12-2017, 04:58 AM
[No subject] - by Azunth - 04-12-2017, 06:11 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 04-12-2017, 08:58 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 04-12-2017, 01:16 PM