Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
BA Wrote:Oh, just rez up Cybertron on one of the Earth-Moon Lagrangian Points.  That will give our infomorph friends plenty of real estate to play in, especially if we can get the Decepticons to finally chill the fuck out.  (Although, if Cybertron is too big for that to work, then I guess we can do an Earth-Sun Lagrangian Point instead.)

According to some canons, Cybertron is Saturn sized (but hollow).  That would technically "fit", even at Earth-Moon L1, but uh... you'll need to ask Randall Munroe what would happen next.  I think it you wanted to put a near Earth-mass planet into the inner solar system without causing everything to go wonky, I'd suggest Earth-Sun L3 (the Counter-Earth/Nemesis point), or in the Asteroid belt (tidal stress won't do much to a planet with that much metal), or in Jupiter's orbit, or Jupiter L3/L4/L5.

Also, who's Tuxedo Cybertron?  Galaxia might have killed them all in her home universe, but I doubt they would have gotten Sailor Jurai.  My vote: Sasami, though a quick google search says that Ranma is also a popular Sailor Jurai, lol.

robkelk Wrote:You know, it's funny because Takeuchi-sensei originally only intended the manga to be nothing but a parody by combining magical girls with Super Sentai (aka Power Rangers).  She never expected that it would become so wildly popular, and I feel that we should all tip our hats to her for managing to shift gears like that in her writing.

For sure, I think like a lot of that feeling came from Ikuhara-sensei and the other anime directors.  I like the slower pacing, you know?  Takeuchi-sensei did quite a few things right though: mixing ordinary life with the broadest scale plot imaginable, across space and time; writing a framework flexible enough for story building in the anime and other fanfic; making the enemies cosmic horrors; making the consequences of war real; and writing characters the audience can really identify with.  But that feeling of contrast with ordinary life, that really only comes through strongly in the anime.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Labster - 07-26-2018, 07:34 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM