Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
(06-08-2021, 07:31 PM)In [I/OOC] Incidental Bits, robkelk Wrote: Something for Arc 2... because I remember somebody wanting a fleet to take command of.

"Luna, you used to be an admiral, right?"

The Mau - currently in cat form - turned away from her family and looked up at Rob's question. "That's right. I was one of Queen Serenity's military advisors during the Silver Millennium."

"That implies you and she had a navy. How big was your fleet?"

She sighed deeply. "Before or after Metaria's youma attacked?"

Rob had the grace to look chagrined. "Sorry." After a moment, he continued, "I was hoping that there might have been a few ships somewhere near the ruins of the capital, but that isn't very likely, is it? Even if there was a military base that close to the palace, they would have deployed every ship they had to defend the capital, wouldn't they?"

Artemis turned to Rob. "Why wouldn't there be a military base at the capital, Rob? There's a Canadian Forces Base here in Ottawa, after all."

"And each princess had a yacht that was hangared there, that last day," Luna added. "They refused to use them to escape - they stood and fought, and died, protecting the civilians."

"I don't suppose you remember where the hangars were?"

Luna gave Rob "the look" that all the females at Blossom had learned from Mikoto Misaka. "They were right beside my own office."

"I hadn't asked you that yet. But I'll ask the $64,000 question now: can you give directions to the hangars that Yuuno and Fujitaka could follow?"

I have more, but it's going on the wiki.

So, just what do Silver Millennium ships look like?

I'm thinking "the more graceful sort of flying wings" because they don't have corners (ask Commander Hadfield why that's important in space), they're atmosphere-capable, they scale up well (to establish scale, I've already decided Mercury's yacht was rigged as an ambulance/medevac ship, and the royal yacht was larger than any of the others), and they kinda-sorta-vaguely look like Moon Tiaras.

However, if anybody has any better ideas, I'm open to suggestions. EDIT: As long as we aren't copying from any other fanfic. I've deliberately not gone looking for any fanon Silver Millennium ship descriptions.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by robkelk - 07-15-2021, 06:59 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM