Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been 8 years since the last time I overhauled my website

The webrings are on my purge list -- the fic ones because the host is doing odd things and the SFWA one because I let my membership lapse this year when the rules changed and I was no longer grandfathered in for my game writing in the 90s.

The Greendale on the TFOS page long predates Community -- by about 20 years or so. It was named for the town in the movie Better Off Dead in fact.

And thanks for the advice/suggestions. I've been toying with the idea of going to PHP, if only to support a database-hosted blog engine to hold my front page "editorials" (and allow folks to read older entries without using the Wayback Machine). I'd already decided that comments were not going to be part of it.

As for frameworks, I'm going to dive into Angular shortly. And as for how flexible my host is... well, you know, I'm going to have to give them a call and find out just what they're supporting now. I know I have MySQL access, but that's all I remember off the top of my head, and I'm not sure how to get to it to do anything.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Labster - 10-05-2016, 03:11 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-05-2016, 03:39 AM