Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's that smell? Oh just my computer...
What's that smell? Oh just my computer...
Hello,
I stopped by because I googled my author name and saw a few mentions in the other people's fanfiction section. I post under the name JBern, but that was already taken on ez-board, so I added ffa for fanficauthors (dot) net which is one of the sites I post at.
Interesting little corner of the world wide web you have here.
I write a good deal, which leaves me little time for actual reading these days and even less for anything resembling gaming whether it is online or the old fashioned rolling the dice variety. I might even have some of the GURPS stuff out in the garage - along with all the old Battletech and even some rare games that never really caught on. (Anyone recall something called The Morrow Project?)
When I'm not writing fanfics, I'm working on original material. I have 4 completed shorts stories and a half finished novel that I am coauthoring. The short stories have already begun collecting rejection letters, but I remain hopeful for my first real sale. Right now I'm waiting on rejection letters from Shroud Magazine and Analog, though you never know when lightning will strike and I'll catch that first break.
The novel already has a small independent publisher waiting on it. I hope to have the rough draft of the manuscript completed by end of February, revisions by April and publication in early to mid summer. Of course this slows down my fanfic writing, but it is a necessary trade off.
These days, a successful independent book sells a mere 5000 copies. Call me shameless, but hopefully by building up a large enough fanbase for my fan fics, I will easily eclipse that number before starting to market beyond a fan base.
For a better description of my original writing, it can be found here.
jbern.fanficauthors.net/i...hp?nid=187

Messages In This Thread
What's that smell? Oh just my computer... - by JBern-ffa - 01-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Re: What's that smell? Oh just my computer... - by JBern-ffa - 01-11-2008, 05:26 AM
Re: What's that smell? Oh just my computer... - by JBern-ffa - 01-11-2008, 07:07 PM