Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm surprised...

I'm another of the folks here who isn't really swift on the uptake when it comes to the story-specific forums. I only swing by those occasionally. Nor would I usually comment on teasers, for lack of anything useful to say.
That said - I appreciate the point about feedback and such. I think it looks good; the narration from the monk's point of view gives a different insight to a canon event. I like that sorta stuff. It's more than just a rehash of existing material (which is a trap many fanfics fall into). It adds value to the event by presenting something the same yet different.
Can't speak to where it's going - but I recall liking the really creaky ancient old teaser you had about Doug calling in renforcements for the big battle against Glory. If that general climax is still in place, even if not that specific happenings and scene, it's potentially a cool ride.
See...I realise it's probably not meant as THE number-one central theme for Drunkard's Walk, the two stories that have been published so far - the Bubblegum Crisis and crossover with Jpub's OMG universe - have had the whole business of gods and divinity as a central facet. Obviously more so in the OMG/OMB work, but it was a pretty major plot point in the BCG story too.
Then, well, there's the continued and consistent references to Wetter Hexe. Even though Hexe only appears 'on camera' for that one time in the BCG story, she's referenced enough by Doug that she's just as familiar to the reader as any other member of the regular cast.
What I'm getting at is...having Doug around for the Glory arc - is interesting, because it's established that Doug has certain...unusual perspectives regarding applied theology, so to speak. Running the Buffyverse through that filter promises to be an interesting read.
Hope that disjointed mess makes sense. You can see why I don't usually comment on these things. Either I have nothing useful to say, or I overanalyze. Or I overanalyze while saying nothing useful, combo attack for the win. =)
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
I'm surprised... - by Bob Schroeck - 09-26-2009, 04:11 PM
[No subject] - by Bluemage - 09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-26-2009, 05:46 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 09-26-2009, 07:11 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 09-26-2009, 08:29 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 09-26-2009, 10:43 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 09-28-2009, 02:45 PM