Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
The Dark Powers of Ravenloft get access to Planetos.

They're now really spoiled for choice.
This past weekend Peg and I finally saw Black Widow, and in retrospect I was struck by the similarity in many ways between the Red Room and the spy school where Ange le Carre and Dorothy were trained by the Commonwealth of Albion in Princess Principal. To the point I was imagining a Albionese counterpart to Natasha Romanov and trying to fit her into the anime. I have too many other projects and ideas I'm juggling right now, so I figured I'd share it in case someone gets inspired and runs with it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
What to do when a setting has an utterly despicable and widely hated (both in universe and out) villainess called Katarina? Have her hit her head as a child.

Hamefura - Battletech.
There has been considerable conversation over on SB about how Bakarina Steiner-Daivon might play out.
(02-13-2022, 03:50 AM)drakensis Wrote: There has been considerable conversation over on SB about how Bakarina Steiner-Daivon might play out.

Can I have a link, please?
(02-09-2022, 09:06 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: This past weekend Peg and I finally saw Black Widow, and in retrospect I was struck by the similarity in many ways between the Red Room and the spy school where Ange le Carre and Dorothy were trained by the Commonwealth of Albion in Princess Principal.  To the point I was imagining a Albionese counterpart to Natasha Romanov and trying to fit her into the anime.  I have too many other projects and ideas I'm juggling right now, so I figured I'd share it in case someone gets inspired and runs with it.

Considering they both appear to be based on The Farm, which the CIA based on Camp X from World War II, there should be no end of sources of inspiration for describing the setting of this hypothetical story. Including A Man Called Intrepid.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(02-13-2022, 05:12 AM)Jinx999 Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 03:50 AM)drakensis Wrote: There has been considerable conversation over on SB about how Bakarina Steiner-Daivon might play out.

Can I have a link, please?

I believe the conversation began here. You may need to wade through other ideas talked through in the forum.
One is about Rock Music Fantasy and the other is Fantasy Rock Music.

Kings of the Wyld and Gossamer Axe.
A Puppocalypse!

Pili Fantasy War of Muppets

There are subtitles
SEZ
BZG
I would have sworn we had at least a post about how Mana Ashida couldn't pronounce Guillermo del Toro's name during filming of Pacific Rim 2, so he gave her special permission to use a nickname. (Maybe it was a mention on All The Tropes instead. Anyway.)

Fan artists took note.

So... "Guillermo del Totoro".

[Image: CczuQynUYAEWVzv?format=png&name=900x900]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It was a memepic in one of the image threads.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still, Totaro as a super-robot from the future would have some interesting possibilities taking part in the (back or current) story of a major Pacific Rim character.
--
‎noli esse culus
After the Battle of New York, Steve Rogers' road trip takes him to San Francisco... where he finds Big Trouble in Little China...

Steve just wants his bike back (and the shield on the pannier), but since Wang needs help getting his girl back...

After all, Steve Rogers would have no idea about the various kung fu tropes so he'd be fish out of water, but it's perfectly plausible he'd be able to keep up with them. Admittedly, he's less comical than Jack Burton...
I can't be the first person to have thought of this possible crossover. And I've double-checked that the kanji used to write the names match.

Everybody calls her "Osaka", but her given name (in western order) is Ayumu Kasuga. She's never introduced her friends at school to her parents... because her parents are Kyōsuke and Madoka (nee Ayukawa).

Azumanga Daioh / Kimagure Orange Road
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
That would make a frightening amount of sense in some ways...
--
‎noli esse culus
(03-24-2022, 09:25 PM)robkelk Wrote: I can't be the first person to have thought of this possible crossover. And I've double-checked that the kanji used to write the names match.

Everybody calls her "Osaka", but her given name (in western order) is Ayumu Kasuga. She's never introduced her friends at school to her parents... because her parents are Kyōsuke and Madoka (nee Ayukawa).

Azumanga Daioh / Kimagure Orange Road

I figured her for a cousin, not a daughter, but I can confirm you're not the first to make that connection. (I once asked Chris Davies to confirm or deny such a relationship in the Together-verse, but only got an acknowledgement that it was possible.) The original KOR manga launched in 1984 according to Wikipedia, so I guess "daughter" is not impossible.
Conan vs. Predator
(04-12-2022, 12:55 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: Conan vs. Predator

Conan O'Brien vs Predator
There was a picture today (well, yesterday now) in the TNB images thread of Ika Musume with Kancolle-ish weapon rigging. I'd probably read it, but it definitely Should Not Be.
--
‎noli esse culus
(04-13-2022, 12:27 AM)Norgarth Wrote:

Detective Conan O'Brien vs Predator
-- Bob

(04-13-2022, 07:33 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 12:27 AM)Norgarth Wrote:

Detective Conan O'Brien vs Predator

Detective Conan O'Brien vs General Atomics Predator C
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Lord Midnight of Barrayar and My Little Pony FiM.
"Oompa-Loompa, doo-pah-dee-doo,
Omae wa mou shindeiru..."

(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory/Fist of the North Star)
Nah, the world of C&tCF ends in ice.

e:followup video that I haven't watched yet
--
‎noli esse culus
We've replaced Gaius Baltar with Gaius van Baelsar. Let's see if the Cylons notice the difference...