[Image: hfiEcYV.jpg]
[Image: WKF3g3A.jpg]
[Image: 7PgPNiw.jpg]
[Image: alrPBHy.jpg]
[Image: RsKpZQW.jpg]
[Image: SU1yipB.jpg]
[Image: NsiUmNj.jpg]
RE: Image Thread 26
That's the first time I've seen a cluster of islands off the coast of New Jersey in a DC map. In the past they've put Gotham in the Egg Harbor area and Bludhaven in Rhode Island. Then again, these things change anyone in the DC editorial staff gets indigestion or something.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(09-07-2023, 03:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: That's the first time I've seen a cluster of islands off the cost of New Jersey in a DC map.  In the past they've put Gotham in the Egg Harbor area and Bludhaven in Rhode Island.  Then again, these things change anyone in the DC editorial staff gets indigestion or something.

I think this specific case of indigestion was called No Man's Land. I'm also thinking of sending a copy to tealruby, to supplement any reference shey may already be using for the upcoming Granger family road trip (the Atlas of the DC Universe that Mayfair Games did for DC Heroes might come in handy).
(09-07-2023, 03:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: That's the first time I've seen a cluster of islands off the cost of New Jersey in a DC map.  In the past they've put Gotham in the Egg Harbor area and Bludhaven in Rhode Island.  Then again, these things change anyone in the DC editorial staff gets indigestion or something.
The other day I compared that map to a real world map, and I think Gotham may be right off the coast of Atlantic City, with Bludhaven directly to Atlantic City's south.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
(09-07-2023, 04:09 PM)Shepherd Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 03:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: That's the first time I've seen a cluster of islands off the coast of New Jersey in a DC map.  In the past they've put Gotham in the Egg Harbor area and Bludhaven in Rhode Island.  Then again, these things change anyone in the DC editorial staff gets indigestion or something.
The other day I compared that map to a real world map, and I think Gotham may be right off the coast of Atlantic City, with Bludhaven directly to Atlantic City's south.

Hm. Great Egg Harbor Bay is the inlet to the southwest of Atlantic City, so it sounds like they're staying in the same general zone for Gotham.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
[Image: JrH1cuD.jpg]
[Image: 5LZiDhA.jpg]
[Image: 6Uq0PFe.jpg]
[Image: n68EiYi.jpg]
[Image: w55loGN.jpg]
[Image: PDkJDUR.jpg]
[Image: BkIaJI3.jpg]
[Image: Ie68BV7.jpg]
(09-08-2023, 10:57 AM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: PDkJDUR.jpg]

That looks like 'goddamnit, the pot is too tall with the lid and if I don't keep the lid on/near it I will never find it again'.
(09-08-2023, 02:55 PM)hazard Wrote: That looks like 'goddamnit, the pot is too tall with the lid ...'

... and there's too much inside it to just flip the lid upside-down without getting the handle in it. <grin>

Not sure I buy that, but not everyone would think like I do in that situation.
-- Bob

That looks like it could be close enough that doing that would still not let the pot fit with the lid on, given that lids have rims, but fair enough.
[Image: 7YiivvX.jpg]
[Image: GBNZX8K.jpg]
[Image: 8rSsy8J.jpg]
[Image: VIZDUhM.jpg]
[Image: 99zHv6M.jpg]
[Image: WN7REDx.jpg]
[Image: PMy7FKn.jpg]
[Image: xiKvwRi.jpg]
Well, that's one of life's little mysteries solved: "Are the numbers on the fortune cookie slips random?"

I had Chinese takeout for dinner yesterday and today. Yesterday's fortune is at the top (which I saved because Isekai by Monlight), today's is at the bottom.

EDIT: If anybody plays those numbers and wins, I want 10%. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Well, apparently you weren't listening the first time, so they had to try again.

[Image: jXqWBCa.jpg]
[Image: 4NBfS0F.jpg]
[Image: MzJJ1iW.jpg]
[Image: zreyjxy.jpg]
[Image: DDwuiNS.jpg]
[Image: Q9A9wKk.jpg]
[Image: L6vINaN.jpg]
[Image: g3zG5Nr.jpg]
Except bacon. Bacon makes a terrible bookmark.
--
‎noli esse culus
(09-09-2023, 08:30 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: jXqWBCa.jpg]

Yes, that is a real building. It's an apartment complex in Zaanstad IIRC.

Also bacon is a brilliant bookmark.

It marks your book.

Forever.
[Image: Jy5rClp.jpg]
[Image: YasODzU.jpg]
[Image: lqtXVqu.jpg]
[Image: pZL8ZGa.jpg]
[Image: s4VqgUs.jpg]
[Image: RQ1onBI.jpg]
[Image: 1zvmHLV.jpg]
[Image: N2mUwUo.jpg]
[Image: JIiDReH.jpg]
[Image: A29itMd.jpg]
[Image: QTYTRVX.jpg]
[Image: uoBGOHu.jpg]
[Image: t42uHcC.jpg]
[Image: X3wYINT.jpg]
[Image: HAdhjJX.jpg]
[Image: m8LiheW.jpg]
(09-10-2023, 12:55 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: YasODzU.jpg]

I don't get it. How does The Rock get a third hand if he impregnates Emma Stone?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Perhaps with the kids out of the house and off to school Lurch was enough to keep the Addams house in order, so Thing got a new gig as a nanny to keep busy until the next generation comes along?
--
‎noli esse culus
[Image: 7fCn6PX.jpg]
[Image: oovY5dt.jpg]
[Image: m7Odm7v.jpg]
[Image: Kw7WwFP.jpg]
[Image: xrcptoj.jpg]
[Image: E9iOqDz.jpg]
[Image: 0OCypdV.jpg]
[Image: xcRZXat.jpg]
The commentary on today's Irregular Webcomic: "Honestly, this theme is just writing itself these days."

[Image: irreg5051.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
The heat wave broke here so I pretty much just collapsed into bed and (for once) sawed off a big chunk of sleep debt, but just before I woke up just now I was dreaming about being a very tiny red and blue man-o-boxes who joined Catalyst's expedition in To Fuel the Guttering Flame as one of the regular bots' minicon. Then I turned into my cyber-kracken alt mode and she was like "abbagabba bwuh NOW AN OCTOPUS PRIME TOO!?" and I woke myself up laughing and now I can't stop thinking about Octo-Spacedad and how to make the transformation work.

Big eyes on his chest instead of windows, otherwise mostly normal OP bot mode. Those open in traditional Matrix Chamber fashion to start transforming, except that his head folds forward into that space and then the big chrome faux radiator folds up a bit so the whole upper chest can fold mid-back so his waist and legs face forward, filling the remaining gap at the front.

The back also hinges on either side of the classic backpack and the corners of the side panels with the bot arms to squish wide to long as an octagon with the bot waist at one end, backpack at the other, alt eyes at either side of the bot hips. Arms fold up onto the top to fill out the dome of the alt body/head.

Legs split into four just below the hip universal joint to be the tentacles; they'd have to be a lot bulkier than normal OP legs on a physical model and still very short for an octopus, my dream animation studio was totally cheating to make each one 3/4 as thick as the bot legs and also twice as long. Well, that or based it on one of the camera angles from a human perspective where he's heavily foreshortened...

No I am not taking the time to make even a 3d-sketch model of this when I could be finishing Cat.

No, I am not.

NO MEANS NO, BRAIN!

Anyway, that's my latest cortex-scraplet, thanks for coming to my BOT Talk.

-- -- -- -- (ABOUT SEVEN HOURS LATER) -- -- -- --

BRAIN! MY OFFICE! NOW!!

What's on your mind, Chief?

Don't give me that, you know damn well! You're out of control, Brain, keep this up and I'll have your badge!

You say that now, but Chief, if I use a T slot and tab I can keep the legs mostly stable and still get a decent knee bend, plus thigh and ankle rotation from the unpinned parallel shafts, and rearrange the tip where they form the feet for toe up and down or pseudo-ankle tilt.

[Image: M7YNWgnl.png]

Damn you Brain, you're just too good. Get out of here... but I'll be watching you.

[Image: kvEnDvhh.png]

... Yeah, uh, sorry about the collateral damage, Mayor Ash. The organ responsible has been given an official reprimand and placed under administrative scrutiny pending a full investigation. At least you've got another omake/fanart/red (and blue!) herring on the loose. This guy should work down to Deluxe scale, though the many ball joints on the tentacles would be more stable with the extra radius/surface area at Voyager. Definitely not a minicon though Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus