Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendations: The Phoned-in Sequel

Quote:New crossover story from Shadow Crystal Mage,
C.R.A.C.C. Dating Service
Category 1: Transformers/Beast Wars
Category 2: Negima! Magister Negi Magi/???????!
Character(s): Sari S. & Chachamaru K.
Genre(s): Humor/Parody
Summary: Welcome to the files of the Computerized Relationship Arrangement Coordination Company, the dating service of choice for SCM. Read about our many success stories in bringing couples together! C.R.A.C.C.! Crossover, Hetero, Yuri Pairings.
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6313252/1/
I regret nothing!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6312824/1/
Little Hints
.  A look through the eyes of Harley Quinn.  Oneshot.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:
Quote:New crossover story from Shadow Crystal Mage,
C.R.A.C.C. Dating Service
Category 1: Transformers/Beast Wars
Category 2: Negima! Magister Negi Magi/???????!
Character(s): Sari S. & Chachamaru K.
Genre(s): Humor/Parody
Summary: Welcome to the files of the Computerized Relationship Arrangement Coordination Company, the dating service of choice for SCM. Read about our many success stories in bringing couples together! C.R.A.C.C.! Crossover, Hetero, Yuri Pairings.
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6313252/1/
I regret nothing!
You are sick, twisted and evil... and I utterly approve :lol

www.fanfiction.net/s/6312958/1/Unsealed
Unsealed, a Harry Potter oneshot by esama.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Not one of mine, but I had to share: Fifty Four Negi and Chisame Threesomes
It's crack. How Crack? in the Negi/Chisame/Tsukuyomi threesome, Tsukuyomi's father is the JOKER! I'm compelled to steal the idea.
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.

I don't think this one's been recced before
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5991902/1/
One day, a nine year old boy found an injured ferret.  Things were never the same again.
Harry Potter and The Mysterious Encounter
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Quote:Tsukuyomi's father is the JOKER!
Oh, dear god, I can actually see that...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Evolution - a Crest of the Stars fic. The Abh encounter something THEY consider scary.

Jinx999 Wrote:Evolution - a Crest of the Stars fic. The Abh encounter something THEY consider scary.
Ah, that one.  If you've ever heard futurists talking about {spoilers} the singularity when artifical inteligence catches up to and surpases human inteligence, here's a chilling take on what it might look like.  Among other things, the author does an incredible job of capturing the idea of how incredibly alien it could be.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Chris Dee's Cat Tales Chapter 61 has Kicked off with a jolt:
http://catwoman-cattales.com/ct/61-electron-00.htm
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6325846/1/
Harry Potter and the Heartlands of Time, by joe6991.  The sequel to Wastelands of Time, the first chapter is mostly a recap of some of the most important things that happened towards the end of that story.Things should actually start progressing soon.  This is one I've been looking forward to reading.
-----

Quote:Unequally Rational and Emotional
A retelling of the Mahou Sensei Negima storyline with some major changes.
The young Negi Springfield is assigned to live with two of his
students... Hasegawa Chisame and Hakase Satomi. Rated M for some future
chapters.
I highly recommend this. The Omakes are funny, and the story itself is great! Eva learns it's a bad idea to have Chachamaru fight Hakase...
Check out said crack:

The Board, a new Harry Potter story by Clell65619.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:The Board, a new Harry Potter story by Clell65619.
The ending of that fic didn't really feel like it fit to me.  At the very least, it didn't sit right.  And given how rich Lucius is, there's no doubt he'll find an antidote somewhere, so its not even the permanent solution the other characters seem to treat it as.
-----

It's pretty much a typical "trot out the grievances smugly and then punish the bad people fic." With the exception that it's not Harry or Hermione doing the power grab by magical legal technicality thing. It's reasonably written and coherent but... pretty typical (And very in-line with the author's usual habits).

Yeah.  I was just expecting them to use some sort of fine print wording trap to hit the bad guys, like they had been using for the entire fic up until that point.  The switch to poisoning threw me for a bit of a loop, that's all.  Especially since its not a fatal poison, so Lucius could find an antidote and go for revenge, like I said earlier.  In fact, since the poison is keyed to them, Lucius could have someone at St. Mungo's record that, and use that as evidence against them. 
-----

Well they could record that he was poisoned. How he got to that state would be his word against theirs, I think it would be more likely he covers up the whole thing in favor of an unsubtle revenge plot later.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5453047/1/ Graveyard_Shift

mass effect

appears to be a novelization of the game...having never played it, i still like the story
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Don't know if this has been recommended yet, but...
Quote:Kinomoto Sakura of 2814
Category: Card Captor Sakura
Summary: When Sakura Sealed the 53rd Card, she got more than she thought. Now,
she becomes entangled in the decades-long struggle of the secretive
organization A.E.G.I.S. What does her blue stone have to do with Invaders? And
what does Tomoyo have in mind? X-over.
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6199004/1/
Part of the 2814-verse.
Check out said crack:

I recced that back on *goes to look* page 19. Or aug 2, if you have different posts per page than I do. Either way, your post is more detailed.
-----

Hope this is in the right place, apologies if it isn't.
So one of the Free to Air channels had The Dark Knight showing here the other night... so I went looking for some decent fics.... yet to find any...
and now I have that particular note of insanity running through my head... *whimpers: ear worm - get it out-GetItOut-GETITOUT* (Listen the the first minute or so of this if you dare... longer for the full effect.)
and I have stumbled onto this...
http://www.youtube.com/TheJokerBlogs
This is just too scary! Wasn't he... like dead?!? @.@
ARGH!!! *runs off screaming*
------
Seriously this is good channeling.
Anyone else got some decent recs?

Due
A post StrikerS Nanoha fic, focusing on Due.  It makes sense in context, sort of.
-----

Mobile Fighter Evangelion
I just discovered this fic, and the three chapters that are up are awesome.  The basic premise is "what  if Evangelion wasn't a deconstruction?"  Gendo is especially epic.  In the first chapter, he uses a grappling hook gun, and sends the message to Shinji (which is a bit more detailed than "Come") with a suborbital magnetic railgun.  Also, Shinji apparently fought a landshark with a machete at one point. 
-----

Okay, yeah, that's pretty awesome Jorlem.

tjalorak Wrote:Only one chapter thus far, but it's hilarious. Remember the spell that calls people from elsewhere into the 'verse? Well, let's just say Vash, Ranma, Evangeline, Honey, and a cabbit got called in to ... 'help' in Those Who Hunt Elves.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6236049/1/S ... non_Seraph

I sorta want to like this one, but it breaks down when I don't see how Airi & Co. would need to or want to force the newcomers to go home.

(That, and I think Vash would *want* to go home...)

Moving on. In one of the recent chapters of "Away to Neverland", the author recommended the works of Iced Fairy, which you may have looked into already. But if not, I'll add my recommendation. Some of them are based on things I don't think make sense (par for the course with Touhou, the series where not even canon seems sure what's canon), but still. I particularly liked "The Devil's Due" and "Makai Shopping Trip". (In the last chapter of the second, Yuki sounds like she's the overseer in a Dwarf Fortress LP...)

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.