Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima / Nanoha crossover idea

At least as much as Konoka weighs. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Valles Wrote:I mean, the conflicts I can think of all involve someone in the Ranma cast contracting one of their periodic bouts of CPSS (Comedic Plot Stupidity Syndrome) and starting a problem of some sort

Huh. Most of the Ranma fanfic I like tends to revolve around some of the cast not *doing* that anymore. If I want that sort of thing, I've already got canon to read.

On Asuna's magic immunity... doesn't it not quite work all the time? She'd be a force to be reckoned with, especially with flight, but would-wipe-the-floor-with-all-of-them seems a bit too much.

-Morgan.

No, Asunas magic immunity works all the time. On HER. Not on her clothes, much to her annoyance Tongue

The reason it's currently believed to not work all the time on her is because that's not Asuna.

Also, Asuna's "dispel magic" effect seems to only affect pure summons (seen mostly in the Kyoto arc) and whatever she's cutting with her BFS
at the time.

Also, sheer raw magic power can overwhelm it (as seen when Eva flash-freezes Asuna for scratching her), so it's possible she wouldn't negate the heavy
artillery at the drop of a hat, or at least not stuff like, say, Hayate's wide area freeze and other lower level but probably more precise equivalents
that're around.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote: Morganni wrote:

Quote: Valles wrote:

I mean, the conflicts I can think of all involve someone in the Ranma cast contracting one of their periodic bouts of CPSS (Comedic Plot Stupidity
Syndrome) and starting a problem of some sort

Huh. Most of the Ranma fanfic I like tends to revolve around some of the cast not *doing* that anymore. If I want that sort of thing, I've already got
canon to read.

On Asuna's magic immunity... doesn't it not quite work all the time? She'd be a force to be reckoned with, especially with flight, but
would-wipe-the-floor-with-all-of-them seems a bit too much.

-Morgan.
I agree... I could see Mahora fitting in well with, say, 'Journey'... Smile Or just involve Ranma by himself, away from the main cast.

The issue with Asuna is that the Nanoha cast, with the exception of the Takamachi Ninja Clan, Vita, and Signum, seem entirely dependant on magic for their
combat capabilities. Fate, for example, would have serious problems if she tried to mix it up hand-to-hand with Asuna. She'd take one swing and
Bardiche's blade would get cancelled... can you imagine an Intelligent Device with a hangover? Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

I'm not so sure a midchildian mage would be so easy to debuff, they do have ways of dealing with AMF's. Nanoha especially has her starfall technique if
she doesn't just overpower the field. If you really want this crossover to work it's probably best set between seasons 1 and 2, Nanoha decides to get
proper training and the Ninja's have some connections, or something of that sort. I'm not sure how you would add in Fate, but assuming the trial aquits
her early she could join Nanoha there.

At that point they are not AAA+ ranked mages and so should be more managable.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

There's a bit near the start of the StrikerS manga where Nanoha, Fate, Vita and Signum have to fight several groups of AMF equipped drones. Once they
realize what they're up against Fate and Nanoha fall back and deal with them using lightning and large pieces of the landscape respectively, while Vita and
Signum charged directly in. Mid-Childan and Belkan mages can deal with AMFs if they know about them.

If Asuna's power surprised them, she could probably do a lot of damage. If they know about it, it probably comes down to circumstances, terrain and
tactics. Fate or Nanoha trying to keep the range open, and hit Asuna with things her AMF can't stop, and Asuna trying to close and prevent/avoid those
same attacks. Vita and Signum being much more likely to meet her head on. They were kind of derisive about Fate and Nanoha not engaging the drones in melee
combat in the manga IIRC.

Asuna's a dangerous opponent for a Mid or Belkan mage but not necessarily unstoppable. It depends a lot on the situation, and how much of a mook her
opponent is.

--

"To our friends, the good guys. And to our enemies, the bad guys. And

to the hope that someday we will be able to tell the difference."

-Keith Laumer

Matrix Dragon Wrote:No, Asunas magic immunity works all the time. On HER. Not on her clothes, much to her annoyance Tongue

The reason it's currently believed to not work all the time on her is because

That's kind of a spoiler isn't it?

But there have been times before the current arc when it didn't protect her entirely. Like what OpMegs said.

Of course, as is my usual question in these cases, "Why would these people be fighting -each other- anyway?"

-Morgan.

The people that Asuna would have the most problems with are: Subaru, Ginga, Stratos and Vivio. In no particular order. The first two for their skills and their
unique abilities that can overcome an AMF. The latter two for their skills and the liklihood that they could overwhelm an AMF if suitably motivated.

Actually. Throw Nove in there too. If only because she's basically Scaglietti's attempt to replicate the operational parameters of the original pair of
Nakajima Sisters.

EDIT: As for 'Why would these people be fighting each other anyway?' Well, several members of this group in particular are members of the
'Friendship is reenforced by beating the crap out of one another' school of interpersonal relations.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Right. Asuna seems to stop magic from acting directly against her but it doesn't seem to stop magic in general. Since Stratos and Vivio both use magic to
physically enhance themselves for more "oomph" to their strike arts, doesn't seem like something Asuna could stop. In a sense, that part of their
magic usage is just like using ki.

Agreed re: Vita and Signum. If nothing else, they're good melee fighters and have physical weapons. Like Vivio and Stratos, they also use magic to
physically enhance themselves.

Also, Asuna and company regularly train against each other in Eva's resort. It might just be sparring practice.

Quote:Also, Asuna and company regularly train against each other in Eva's resort. It might just be sparring practice.
"One last combat practice. All out, no limits." (Or words to that effect.) The strikers train that way, too.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Asuna..
Acutally, Asuna is going to probably be very annoyed fighting Nanoha or Fate, too.

Asuna is demonstrably *not* immune being bound by something made of magic. She can break it if she's free and able to co-ordinate- but once her hands are
bound she's helpless. This has been demonstrated at least three times.

...so when do we see Fate vs. Fate?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

... Never sounds good to me?

-Morgan, finds the Negima one to be one of the least interesting villains around...

We don't really know anything about Fate other than that he seems to have a Reality Marble.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Bob Schroeck Wrote:...so when do we see Fate vs. Fate?
Morganni Wrote:... Never sounds good to me?
But then we wouldn't get to see their awesome lightsaber battle!

(Well, it is a Duel of the Fates, right?)
--
Rob Kelk

*Facepalm*

Rob gets +1 "The PUN! It BUUUURNS!" point.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Off topic, but would we really start up a point system like that? Smile

We can if we want to. (Although I'm in the "he who dies with the most points isn't alive to enjoy them" camp...)
--
Rob Kelk

The Points Mean Nothing.

-Morgan.

Back to the story... I think everybody knows by now that I don't wait for a story to be written before writing something for it... So:

Omake! Omake! Omake!

"So, what are we going to do for the Culture Festival?"

Haruna grinned. "I know just the thing! We'll put on a play! And Sayo-san is going to be one of the stars!"

"But won't people have trouble just seeing me?"

"That's the good part - you'll be perfect for the role if you haunt your doll! And we'll need Chachazero-san to play your sister..."

Chachamaru and Eva blinked. "You want her?" asked the vampire.

"Of course! And Vivio-chan, you need to ask your mothers' friends Agito-san and Rein-san to take part, too."

"I'm sensing a pattern here..." Chisame muttered, just before grabbing the script that Haruna had behind her back. "I thought so. You're taking the title too literally, Saotome."

"What? Are you saying they wouldn't be the perfect leads for Little Women?"
--
Rob Kelk

I like fitting round pegs into round holes.

Vivio (in [i]Nanoha Vivid[/i]) is a rather bookish type, and competent at a young age, like much of the cast. This gives enough of a justification
to let her attend Mahora "early" (younger than 14) legitimately.

Well, at 14, Nanoha and crew would be 29, hardly over the hill--but that's besides the point. Would it be better if Vivio's of an age with Negi, or
the class?

(In between, say 12, seems to be a pointless compromise to me, but maybe I'm overlooking something)

Wouldn't "in between" put her at the same age as the twins? That might work...
--
Rob Kelk

She's 9 or 10 in Vivid, I believe, and this should be set after that, so 12 makes sense.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

The Narutaki twins, you mean? They're the same age as the rest of the class.

Pronounced "shy guy."