Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Updates Thread
Re: Yet Another Updates Thread
Necratoid said:
Quote:
The Black Paw is up to 37 parts... at 34 parts last I checked.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2880496/1/
Good grief. That is a Super Ranma sue.... and yet i'm reading it :S
I've got the feeling its already jumped the shark for me but... i'm still reading for some reason :S_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Personally, I lost my stomach for it the instant that Ranma became one of the best students at school from hanging out with the science club sometimes. Does it get *worse*? ...and if it does, then *why* are you still reading?
Morbid curiosity... I mean the last chapter explains how to remake the world through chi-tech... and listening to all those uses I couldn't stop thinking that Ranma was basically founding Shinra... Lets make half the devices on the planet work by eating the life force of the world (Read: Mako energy for everyone!)... seriously, I'm not sure if the writer even noticed what he was doing. The Eco-freak that wants to work with devices that make forcefields that eat matter (but only specific bits... what could possibly go wrong) near it... if that doesn't scream Apocalypse in training I'm not sure what does.
Quote:
Does it get *worse*? ...and if it does, then *why* are you still reading?
quite a lot worse.. something along the lines about building a car in the middle of a desert with no metal except what he has on himself... then theres the whole Kim Possible cross around chapter 23...
and then... I had to break to go home.. i'm happy to report that i've now no desire to continue reading it at all Tongue_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Black Paw? I read all of it. In one sitting.
...I'm not sure why. Possibly because I actually like Gold Digger. This is a Ranma/Gold Digger cross, by the way.
Mmm. Anyway.
As a piece of writing, it's not that good. The sheer ridiculous Sue-ness of this Ranma has already been touched upon. The character relationships are not handled as well as they could be, and in places feel glossed over.
The writing is adequate, mind you. It is decent prose. The fault doesn't lie in the language used, but rather the content and construction of the story, and the portrayal of the characters. It's a common problem with stories of this kind, but what we're looking at isn't really Ranma anymore - just a generic God-like OC with his name and face.
Why did I read it all?
Well, it's got a certain fascinating train-wreck quality to it...and the author does have some interesting ideas, and the sheer wild over-the-top-ness actually fits a Gold Digger story quite well.
Plus, I was feeling mildly depressed yesterday afternoon, and needed something long and mindless to take the edge off it. This accomplished that admirably.
-- Acyl
Cat Tales #51 Ch 3: Dumbing Down and Ramping Up is available.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Re: Thrythlind update
After almost 5 years Thrythlind has updated one of his stories on FF.net.
A New Life

Kheram
Re: New Sunrise Over Britain
Chapter 30 of Sunrise Over Britain is out. Just a few more chapters of wrap up to go.

Kheram
Teen Titans: Villainy is up to chapter 10.
-------------------
Epsilon
www.fanfiction.net/s/2187929/47/
Hope 2, Part 2. End of the happy-ish arc.--
[Image: athenaru3.jpg]
www.fanfiction.net/s/2938888/30/
Naruto: Legacy of the Rasengan
Seeking the Incomplete is up to chapter 12
Gundam SEED: Valkyrie's Run has hit chapter 30
A strange twist of fate is up to chapter 61
www.fanfiction.net/s/3366118/8/
Unseelie has updated and ff alerts are on strike once more.
-*-
www.fanfiction.net/s/2314624/41/
The road to Cydonia has updated.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
re:
community.livejournal.com...tml#cutid1
Brightly Burning 10!
Hurrah!
Re: re:
also, dawning light missing scene
mhalachaiswords.livejourn...ml?#cutid1
--
[Image: athenaru3.jpg]
Re: re:
the recently recomended compelled to play series (Which I too recomend) has updated again.
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...estiny.htm
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Cat Tales #51 Ch 4 Up, Up and Away
The Consequences Of Not Being Polite - chapter 20
Seeking the Incomplete ch 13!
Combat Evolution is up to chapter 14
Hotpoint is on a roll, the next hapter for compelled to play with desteny is out.
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...estiny.htm
The Sum of Their Parts has updated (if you've not read it yet, this is a sequel so read April 10, 1997 first). And there is a plot twist there so perfectly played that I am just awed. Even knowing that there was going to be a plot twist, I never saw it coming. Either the writer is brilliant or I'm a dunce (and I'm entirely too egotistical to go with the second theory)
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Terran Jedi
www.fanfiction.net/s/2640672/1/
Terran Jedi, has a new chapter.
You're not a dunce. I missed it, too. Then again, I missed the whole "Watchmen as metaphor for the story" and symmetry thing as well.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
'The Hunt for Harry Potter' is up to chapter 16
www.fanfiction.net/s/3032621/16/
'Earthbound' has updated again to chapter 9
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...hbound.htm
the Seed Destiny fic 'Cry of the Falcon' is up to part 5
www.fanfiction.net/s/3299267/5/__________________
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. - George Carlin.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3140845/17/
Sakura keeps her promises.
Chapter 6 of Notes from Juilliard by Debroah Goldsmith is up.
Fiction by Deborah Goldsmith