Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima: Hour 200

You might want to keep waiting. SFW's fansub is grammatically excellent, but difficult to read...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I watched the Mamiko sub.

Won't make that mistake again. >.

*collapses from archive binge*

Do you know how long this thing is? Geeze! :lol:

Anyway, I can't help but hear a certain voice in the background as he describes his organization.

"Gentlemen. I...like....war."

(His resemblance to Dok doesn't help much)
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I haven't even reached that far yet, Megs.

Barely past the first tournament arc and Chiao's little "Hi, let's shatter the Masquerade" gig.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Man....assuming you clamp down and archive binge like I did, you've still got a week of reading at least there. :lol:

And supposedly Akamatsu's said that this isn't even half over yet? At least he knows where it's going.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Um, what? o.O;

Wow. Less range than a classic Naru Punch, but EVEN MORE spin.

Every time we get one of these flashbacks, it makes me wish Akamatsu would do a whole Thousand Master manga...

--Sam

"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Kurt Godel? Not the Kurt Godel? Did I miss something somewhere?

And the queen's middle name is Anarchia? That seems suspiciously significant.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

That little flashback of Nagi's seems to confirm that the Mage of the Beginning was the "original" Fate, with the other Avernicuses being based
off of him. I suppose it makes sense to base your most powerful minions off yourself, and also explains why Fate in the present is resigned to this course of
action. He literally sees no other potential path by which the disaster his master predicted can be averted.

Speaking of which, though, was that Nagi referring to the MoB as his master? Negi might be taking after his dad in becoming Eva's apprentice in more ways
than one.
---
waste."

So, it appears that Negi and Asuna aren't brother and sister after all. Rather, if Nagi did marry Arika, then Asuna is Negi's aunt... which casts things in a whole new light.
--
Rob Kelk

I thought we had already figured out that Asuna was probably Negi's aunt?
-- Bob
---------

I recall there was a contingent holding out for her being his sister...
--
Rob Kelk

We're talking about three different but similar-looking people here. I think.

The guy we see Nagi talking to at ground zero is Zect of the Ala Rubra, who was Negi's master despite his young appearance.

Kurt Godel was also an Ala Rubra member at the time.

Finally, we have the Mage of the Beginning, who may or may not look like Fate.

It's possible that the MotB actually was Zect, but I'm honestly not sure how to interpret what we've seen so far. It's about time for a
re-read.

--Sam

"My God! You must have a chest of steel! ....My God! An inner elbow of
steel! ...My GOD! A--"

"Hey! WATCH it!"

"--of STEEL!"

Nah, that was just me misremembering and forgetting Zect, mostly because he pops in and out of the frame seemingly randomly.

When Rakan first shows us the Mage of the Beginning, Zect is inspired by Nagi's stubbornness to quit and offers to assist him, even though Rakan himself is
"feeling the power that man (MoB) invokes in his very flesh", which suggests it's not a duplicate or illusion of some kind. Presumably, what Nagi
doesn't want to discuss with the princess is the death of Zect at the end there. Rakan notably glosses over on how Nagi won beyond the Shoryuuken, and Zect
has yet to have any role in the final battle flashbacks, so it's possible the circumstances of his death will show up later(though seeing the final battle
from the end to the beginning is a little confusing)

Which leaves us with an odd number of Fate looking folks.

We have Zect, who is a normal(?) human and Nagi's master, we have Averruncus #1(killed by the MoB in the final battle), Averunncus #2(mentioned as being
hunted down by Ala Rubra after the war by Rakan) and Fate Averruncus, the 3rd one, who is active now. Given Rakan refers to him as being "the Averunncus
of Earth" and Fate's demonstrated aptitude for Earth magic, it's entirely possible that they're elementally themed....except Fate has a habit
of vanishing into puddles, and the one that replaced the Prime Minister in the flashback destroyed the place with an immense stone spear spell. It's
possible that their "theme" only extends to specialties (ala Fate's Pillars of Hades spell and petrification magic).

Of course, this leaves the question of "who was the 4th Averunncus?" if they do indeed match up to the typical Earth, Fire, Water, and Air cosmology.
Every time Akamatsu answers questions, he creates more....
---
waste."

What do you mean, "four elements"? Akamatsu-san is Japanese, and the five classical Japanese elements are ? (Wind), ? (Water), ? (Earth), ? (Fire), and ?(Sky/Heaven/Void), in increasing order of power.

(Considering the Averunncus of Earth still has Water abilities (his habit of vanishing into puddles), it appears he's working his way up the power ladder instead of down...)
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Kurt Godel was also an Ala Rubra member at the time.
And also, apparently, a famous
mathmatician.

Coincidence, or foreshadowing?
---
waste."

Quote:What do you mean, "four elements"? Akamatsu-san is Japanese, and the five classical Japanese elements are ? (Wind), ? (Water), ? (Earth), ? (Fire), and ?(Sky/Heaven/Void), in increasing order of power.
That's no guarantee, as Akamatsu has been mixing and matching magical systems as he sees fit.
-- Bob
---------

Electricity seems to be an element in this setting, so there's better odds on it being an FF style elemental system than anything else.

Not a far trip considering how often we see someone pop up dressed like a White Mage.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
...out early. o.O

And the walls came tumbling
down...

...oh dear sweet freaking zombie Jesus. This is... this is grimdark right here... Sad

To hell with my usual running commentary. Just read it. Read, and weep...

--Sam

"This is graveness. Oedipus is hurt, and last night I almost had a lucid moment."

Well, now we know why Kurt isn't any real fan of Nagi or his offspring.

Though the cliffhanger's set for one truly spectacular last minute rescue....

Either that, or we're going to start needing time travel to solve the paradoxes of Negi's parentage. @_@
---
waste."

Either that or it's all been a big fat lie. Tongue

Oh, now that's interesting: Arika claimed she could use magic even in the middle of the depletion field.

Which makes some sense if Asuna was a deliberately-designed weapon. You always leave a backdoor...

--Sam

"Vhat good iz zcience if no vun gets hurt?!"

Ironically, it would make sense for Arika to be perfectly calm about this all too.

If she can use magic in the dead zone, she can save herself. Nagi trying to save her would get him killed and be unnecessary, plus it would be for her sake
when she'd rather he rescue the people in the aftermath of the war. She couldn't risk telling anyone because she couldn't know who she could
trust(given how quickly she's deposed in the aftermath, she must have suspected a follow up conspiracy).

And to boot, it allows her to shed her role as queen, help guarantee world peace, and be with Nagi, just the two of them, while also evading any enemies.
Because they all know she's dead. Because No One Could Survive That.
---
waste."

It doesn't necessarily follow that the natural dead zone in the canyon is the same, mechanically, as the one Asuna generates, however, so her
magic-trumps-AMF trick might not apply to both.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

So... I'm not gonna say anything yet. I'm just gonna link. It's that awesome Smile

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/c269/

*head bonk!*

"No....seriously. Like I said, do you seriously think that's going to be enough?"

Forget Xanatos Gambits. I forgot this was Nagi. He doesn't think that far ahead, and that works pretty damn well for him. :lol:
---
waste."

BIG. DAMN. HEROES.

That is all Smile

--Sam

"I aim to misbehave."