Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Mania! Internet Video Thread III

Awesome, but that guy in the second vid would be rather put out by all the Fen settling on the moon. Wink

blackaeronaut Wrote:Awesome, but that guy in the second vid would be rather put out by all the Fen settling on the moon. Wink
Chris (Vid #1) Is just SUPER enthusiastic. And Peter (teaser #3) actually seems like just a guy with a plan for the settlement that is content to let other people use his idea.
Is it just me, or does Dennis (teaser #2) the only one who seems like an actual nut? I almost expect him to start spouting off Lex Luthor's "Land! It's the one thing they're not making any more of!" Line from the Superman film? ^_^

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

New video from World Order
You'll probably remember this group -- the "Japanese businessmen walking in slow motion" guys. Well, it turns out they're a band/dance troupe founded by a martial artist. And in this video, they go to Mexico City, of all places, to do their thing. And that thing includes far more than just walking in slow motion. Check it out.

-- Bob
---------

Logan Darklighter Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:Awesome, but that guy in the second vid would be rather put out by all the Fen settling on the moon. Wink
Chris (Vid #1) Is just SUPER enthusiastic. And Peter (teaser #3) actually seems like just a guy with a plan for the settlement that is content to let other people use his idea.
Is it just me, or does Dennis (teaser #2) the only one who seems like an actual nut? I almost expect him to start spouting off Lex Luthor's "Land! It's the one thing they're not making any more of!" Line from the Superman film? ^_^
I've dealt with the Luna Project guys before, Chris in particular. They are, to a man, a bit... well, loony. Smile
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I agree with this list pretty much word for word Big Grin

It's clearly cut in places.... however. Yoda really gets up steam.

The original broadcast should be somewhere on newstalk.ie for those interested. It's about 2 years old.

Dartz Wrote:It's clearly cut in places.... however. Yoda really gets up steam.

The original broadcast should be somewhere on newstalk.ie for those interested. It's about 2 years old.
Here's the link for the full broadcast.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

NatGeo's been using this as the BGM on the Doomsday Preppers promo

The Best Use of Credit Cards?

-- Bob
---------

Linked because of content: Fifty Shades of Grey, read by Duke Nukem
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

In honor of City of Heroes final month:

---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Symphony of Science boffins autotune the sweetest science

Awesome piece, Rev. [Image: banana-dance.gif]
And that reminds me... In memory of the videos Rev Dark posted here...

Admiral Tigerclaw posted this up over on SB for an example on just how a human could blow the minds of a Equestrian Pony.

Some times I wish I could do that....till gravity gives me a rude reminder why I shouldn't, usually in the mids of a high-speed stair descent/ascent.

Rod H Wrote:Admiral Tigerclaw posted this up over on SB for an example on just how a human could blow the minds of a Equestrian Pony.

Some times I wish I could do that....till gravity gives me a rude reminder why I shouldn't, usually in the mids of a high-speed stair descent/ascent.
Rainbow Dash: "That's actually almost kind of awesome. For, y'know, someone with only two legs and no wings." Dangit, Rob, now you've got me thinking about Earth Ponies doing Parkour.

SkyeFire Wrote:Dangit, Rob, now you've got me thinking about Earth Ponies doing Parkour.
Would it be anything like Barkour?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Was rewatching the Bruce Lee Symphony (Gotta just keep on flowing) and saw a clip from this fight.
It is hard to stress how important Bruce Lee was to the western adoption of martial arts and martial sciences. Also his influence on film is still being felt; much of what we enjoy derives from techniques he pioneered. He was the first to popularize the idea that slow motion in a film can emphasize speed. This is also one of the first fights to play with the adaption meme; used to such great effect in Jet Li's Fist of Legend.
Now Chuck Norris deserves a lot of stick for morphing into a deranged right wing asshole; but he is one hell of a martial artist; and this fight really shows him at the height of his power. Some of the choreography/filming techniques are a little rough, but the grace and skill both of these men display is incredible. (Earlier in the film Chuck delivers a lovely Tomo nage throw and follows the roll to a mount and punch). So here's a round of applause for Chuck - the hairiest man in martial arts.
A versatile word that is not smurf
Have you had a day?
It has been that sort of day.
Now it is over; and I shall proudly proclaim my frustration and triumph like the majestic dolphin cresting the wave, and head to bed to curl up around a warm bottom.

(This is not the original poster - but his version is age restricted.)

FOR GREAT JUSTICE. TAKE OFF EVERY SIG.

---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Awesome relativistic photography.

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Chris Judd, the guy that played t'eacl on SG 1 finding out about strange new fandom.

I haven't even looked at this yet (I don't have a quarter-hour to spare right now), but I have to share the link:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... umikudance]The story of Evangelion as explained in mikumikudance

(Blame Antonio E. Gonzalez over on Usenet for pointing out the link to me.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012