Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(10-03-2018, 11:55 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Heh.  Ben would be right there with Mimi in that regards.  In fine Aspie fashion, I'm a total klutz and need a lot more time to get used to doing something new.  (It took me a couple of months before I was shifting gears smoothly on my truck.)  But in this setting, Ben would keep right at it, slowly plodding along, until he gets it.
I never even managed to get the hang of standing on ice skates (I apologise for shaming the Canadian stereotype. Tongue )

Labster Wrote:I'll still need to figure out Callahan's for my SI, though.  In real life I don't drink, because I just don't like alcohol.  So it's always hard for me to feel like I'm fitting in at bars.  It helps if the drunk people are not boring drunks -- I never run into that problem at programming cons.
I don't much care for the taste of alcohol myself (which does mean I'm a natural choice for Designated Driver)
Pretty sure they'd be willing to pour soft drinks at Callahan's.  No one there would give anyone a hard time over it.  And besides, I'm sure the regulars are genre savvy enough to know what happens to someone that disparages another patron for their choice of beverages...

(10-03-2018, 11:55 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: One other thing, though...

(10-02-2018, 11:37 AM)robkelk Wrote: "I have no idea what he is or isn't. But you are in no shape right now to decide whether you like somebody."

While I agree with the general sentiment about her not being ready for that kind of thing, I'd also wonder why Rob wouldn't know much about Ben at this point. Surely they've spent a few evenings together at Callahan's by this time?

The only reason Rob didn't give Mimi the facts is because she trailed off with her question. "Is he...?"

Is he ... taken? Not at this stage of the story.
Is he ... gay? Rob doesn't know or care.
Is he ... a good catch? Rob would say yes if he swung that way, but he doesn't.
Is he ... evil? Definitely not!
Is he ... a fixer-upper? Well, yes.

Any of those could be what she was asking.

(10-03-2018, 01:51 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Pretty sure they'd be willing to pour soft drinks at Callahan's.

That one's canon, actually. There was a one-paragraph bit where a man brought his date to the bar to get her drunk enough to want to go to bed with him - Mike made sure the alcohol went into his glass and the mixer went into hers. So they at least stock soft drinks.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(10-03-2018, 02:27 PM)robkelk Wrote: That one's canon, actually. There was a one-paragraph bit where a man brought his date to the bar to get her drunk enough to want to go to bed with him - Mike made sure the alcohol went into his glass and the mixer went into hers. So they at least stock soft drinks.

I remember. "When he woke up he was a far piece from nowhere, minus a secretary and a rather sporty pair of pants." The beginning of "Just Desserts", when Jake is setting the scene for the arrival of the Practical Joker by listing some other occasions on which the Place's karmic interceptor overrode the asshole deflector. (Those probably aren't the technical terms, but I for one will admit to knowing only slightly more about Harmonian technology than the proverbial frog knows about Friday.)
Have another scene. To quote Misato, "service, service." Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Facepalm:

OMFG that was priceless
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Heh. Nice. Had Ben been there...

"Uhhhhmm... Forgive me for calling attention to it, but you don't really strike me as a nudist..."

"Oh? Do you like what you see?"

".... I'm probably old enough to be your father."

Cue the face plant, because even though I'm 38, I still look like I'm 25. Smile
>And she's a natural carrot-top, too.

Thx for details.  I was going to post an an image for Rob's story, but I cannot actually find any on the boorus or pixiv.  There's 34 of Mimete, sure, but nothing nude.

I think my residents would have a different reaction to me seeing them in the nude.

Quote:Tomo came out of the shower, completely in the nude, and then she turned and notice me on the bed.  "Kyaaan!"  She started throwing various office supplies off the desk at me, screaming, "Hentai!  Chikan!  Sukebe!"

"Hey, you're the one who asked me 'upstairs' for 'coffee'," I retorted.  Tomo had even included air-quotes in the original request.

"Oh yeah, huh."

"Don't 'oh yeah huh' me."

"I guess I just always wanted to do that once."

I sighed loudly, and then looked down to the ground to see what she threw.  "Hey, that's my red stapler!"

"Sorry, I guess I ruined the mood."

"I should say so, Narusegawa-san.  Although I have to say, I'm enjoying the view."

"What view?" Tomo was befuddled as I stared at her.  Ten seconds later, she moved her arms to cover up her naughty bits.  "Kyaaaan."

I shook my head, "Too slow."

I may have dated a couple of tsundere IRL.

On the upside, my trip to Venice Beach was productive.  Like, a lot of it I know about, having grown up in SoCal beach town, that another one is not all that different.  That sort of run-down look you get see on buildings, because the salt is hard on paint, the standard lifeguard towers, and the surfers in a wetsuit.  But just things are a little different where you got a big skateboard park, and weight lifting equipment at the beach, and in the canal district, it was just so quiet compared to the traffic a block away.

There was a swan boat on the canals, and another black swan boat.  When I was walking on the beach, I passed a stranger talking about black swans with his girlfriend.  So I think that's an obvious sign I'm supposed to write a certain story next.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(10-04-2018, 12:53 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Heh. Nice. Had Ben been there...

"Uhhhhmm... Forgive me for calling attention to it, but you don't really strike me as a nudist..."

"Oh? Do you like what you see?"

Cue the face plant, because even though I'm 38, I still look like I'm 25. Smile

"Oh... Oh, well. Do you have a younger brother?"

Big Grin

(10-04-2018, 03:10 AM)Labster Wrote: >And she's a natural carrot-top, too.

Thx for details.  I was going to post an an image for Rob's story, but I cannot actually find any on the boorus or pixiv.  There's 34 of Mimete, sure, but nothing nude.

I couldn't find any images of her nude, either. What I'm going by is that more artists (in the sample I found) draw her with orange eyebrows than with black eyebrows.

(10-04-2018, 03:10 AM)Labster Wrote: I think my residents would have a different reaction to me seeing them in the nude.

Quote:Tomo came out of the shower, completely in the nude, and then she turned and notice me on the bed.  "Kyaaan!"  She started throwing various office supplies off the desk at me, screaming, "Hentai!  Chikan!  Sukebe!"

"Hey, you're the one who asked me 'upstairs' for 'coffee'," I retorted.  Tomo had even included air-quotes in the original request.

"Oh yeah, huh."

"Don't 'oh yeah huh' me."

"I guess I just always wanted to do that once."

I sighed loudly, and then looked down to the ground to see what she threw.  "Hey, that's my red stapler!"

"Sorry, I guess I ruined the mood."

"I should say so, Narusegawa-san.  Although I have to say, I'm enjoying the view."

"What view?" Tomo was befuddled as I stared at her.  Ten seconds later, she moved her arms to cover up her naughty bits.  "Kyaaaan."

I shook my head, "Too slow."

I may have dated a couple of tsundere IRL.

On the upside, my trip to Venice Beach was productive.  Like, a lot of it I know about, having grown up in SoCal beach town, that another one is not all that different.  That sort of run-down look you get see on buildings, because the salt is hard on paint, the standard lifeguard towers, and the surfers in a wetsuit.  But just things are a little different where you got a big skateboard park, and weight lifting equipment at the beach, and in the canal district, it was just so quiet compared to the traffic a block away.

There was a swan boat on the canals, and another black swan boat.  When I was walking on the beach, I passed a stranger talking about black swans with his girlfriend.  So I think that's an obvious sign I'm supposed to write a certain story next.

Oooh! That takes precedence over this.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-04-2018, 07:27 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 12:53 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Heh.  Nice.  Had Ben been there...

"Uhhhhmm...  Forgive me for calling attention to it, but you don't really strike me as a nudist..."

"Oh?  Do you like what you see?"

Cue the face plant, because even though I'm 38, I still look like I'm 25.  Smile

Big Grin 

Ben snorted.  "Do I ever.  Real question is: What's your threshold for 'weird' in another guy?"

"What do you mean?"

Ben looked her in the eyes, being careful not to look anywhere else.  He had a wicked smile on his face, though, as he said, "I have it on very good authority that my family is a bunch of raving lunatics, each in their own way, and that I am the sanest one out of them all."
(10-04-2018, 04:44 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 07:27 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 12:53 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Heh.  Nice.  Had Ben been there...

"Uhhhhmm...  Forgive me for calling attention to it, but you don't really strike me as a nudist..."

"Oh?  Do you like what you see?"

Cue the face plant, because even though I'm 38, I still look like I'm 25.  Smile

Big Grin 

Ben snorted.  "Do I ever.  Real question is: What's your threshold for 'weird' in another guy?"

"What do you mean?"

Ben looked her in the eyes, being careful not to look anywhere else.  He had a wicked smile on his face, though, as he said, "I have it on very good authority that my family is a bunch of raving lunatics, each in their own way, and that I am the sanest one out of them all."

"Oh. I... I just got away from crazy people. Maybe we should just be friends."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just changed the Mimete Mimi story from my sidestory #8 to my sidestory #9.

"Rob's as-yet-untitled sidestory #7" is still the big raid on the Unseelee.

"Rob's as-yet-untitled sidestory #8" is now something that Black Aeronaut has been hinting he wants to see from everybody - an empowerment story. The working title is "Rob and Hyoga Go to Hvergelmir"... but that sounds like a stoner comedy, which the story definitely is not.

EDIT: And it's up. Merry Christmas, Hyoga.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Wow, that was a very special episode of Blossom Apartments. I'm going to click "Like" right now.

You did a really good job of capturing the poetic speech needed for this story.

Quote:I have looked upon her again three times, and she is three times a lady.
FTFY
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
It took me ages to get the poetic patterns right... and I'm still not completely happy with them all.

Oh, and I've updated Hyoga's wiki page with a bit of new background, and a not-completely-pleasant thought.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And I've updated Rob's wiki page, as well.

Now, if we're having the Christmas party in San Antonio...

"Honestly, all I want for Christmas is a full medical checkup."

"I gave you a full medical checkup less than three months ago, Rob."

"True, but that was before Hyoga and I visited Niflheim last Wednesday."

"You two. My lab. Now."

"Yes, Washuu-chan." Rob grinned. "See you tomorrow, everybody. I hope."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Snrk!

Interesting powerup there. Now I gotta catch up! :V
You've got a pet Masu waiting for your powerup... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"I shall name it Squishy."

"Why 'Squishy'?"

*Cheerfully squeezes the Masu, making it ooze through his fingers.  The Masu is not fazed by this in the slightest, and even seems somehow amused.*

"See?  It's Squishy."

Before Ben gets his upgrade, though, Squishy will have picked up on the idea of a Guardian's Key Tool from Ben's mind, and happily assists him by taking on all kinds of forms on-demand.

"Hmmm... Okay, let's try a three-eighths inch ratcheting box-end S-wrench.  Awesome, that's perfect."

"What!?  How did you get it to do something that exact?"

*Shrugs* "I'm good at visualizing, and saying it out loud helps.  Squishy here just picks it all up from me and runs with it."
You know that when I read that the first time, I saw Ryoga, as in P-chan
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(07-29-2018, 07:15 PM)robkelk Wrote: Plot-wise, Rin doesn't have any reason to show up until you get a magical girl for her to compare notes with... but she is interested in the theory behind magic, and would no doubt love to pick Fate's brains regarding the same. So there's your excuse to get her to visit.

Rereading the thread, got to this post, and that reminds me...

According to the Sailor Moon wikia, Mimete likes using magic. Mimi would no doubt like to learn some non-Witch magic, possibly from Sakura (although even Kero-chan would be able to give her a few basic pointers, given her level of ability with non-Witch magic).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Guys, I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop trying to work on and really participate in this story. Unfortunately I am drawing nothing but blank, (or worse, my other stories) whenever I try to work on it.
Currently writing BROBd

Thanks for letting us know.

And I know that sometimes you just can't come up with a story idea... It happens to every writer.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
That's part of the problem, I have ideas, but they just wont go anywhere beyond vague ideas
Currently writing BROBd

Found another good artist on Safebooru - "shikidouji" has done a fair amount of FMP! art.
EDIT: And the first few are up. I decided to leave Chidori's image untrimmed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
NICE! Very nice.

In regards to the one that "can't be on her ship", another reason is that she's wearing civvies.

On my end, I'm starting to work my way through the FMP!Arrival story. Not sure when I'll have more out.